Author Topic: Mountain Home  (Read 30 times)

Ethan S

Mountain Home
« on: December 08, 2017, 01:05:08 am »
December 08, 2017, 01:05:08 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAsy3uJEqSo&feature=youtu.be

Hello,

This is my first post on these forums because since before this year I haven't ever actually heard of Lumion, it seems like a great piece of software. I just have a fairly simple question that I hope that you guys of this forum who work with Lumion professionally can help me with.

The question: How do you use the snow shader without having any snow pileup inside of your house?

In the video I made outside of school hours with the assistance of my Architecture teacher, linked at the top of the post, I used the snow shader durring the outside panoramas of the house but what I was wondering is if it would be possible to have snow still blizzard around the house but not inside of the house when I am exploring the interior.

In terms of Software used I have been using Revit 2018 for modeling the actual house and Lumion 7.6 Educational Free I believe for making the scene, I'm not sure exactly if this is right because its only available on my school's computers and I can't download it onto my laptop because of two things. First, I am a Canadian citizen, not an american citizen, and secondly I am currently attending high school so I can't apply for a university license.

Thanks for any assistance given with this project and when its done if wanted I can always post the completely finished video on here!

- Ethan S

P.S. I would validate my Lumion Key but as I don't have any access to that I cannot.

Re: Mountain Home
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 01:51:58 am »
December 08, 2017, 01:51:58 am
Hi Ethan

Welcome.

Looks like you have a good grasp of Lumion.  Thanks for posting.

As you can see I have moved your topic to a more suitable Board (than Quarantine).

It is not possible to prevent the snow from occurring in the interior when the Snow Effect is turned on.

You need to make camera views that are either exterior or interior only.  That still makes it difficult if you have views where you see out the windows, and want the snow to also be shown.  Or conversely, have an exterior view looking in to the interior.  So the 'trick' is to manage those views but still give the right story to the movie.

It is possible to do two pass rendering, one with and one without snow, then using masks and materialD maps, edit the areas to merge the two.  However, that's an image editing or video editing post-process, and for a movie requires more time.  Quick example attached.

The Educational edition that your school has is the right one, however, it is only available for classroom/labs.   

Hope you, and other student there, continue using and enjoying Lumion.