Author Topic: ArchiCAD: How do I export a model?  (Read 40150 times)

ArchiCAD: How do I export a model?
« on: May 24, 2012, 03:47:38 pm »
May 24, 2012, 03:47:38 pm

ArchiCAD: How do I export a model to Lumion?

Method 1: Use Lumion LiveSync for ArchiCAD21/22 with Lumion 8.5 and newer:

With 'Lumion LiveSync for ArchiCAD' 21/22 and Lumion 8.5 and newer, you can immediately set up a live, real-time visualization of your ArchiCAD 21/22 model:

Please click here to download the plug-in.

Alternative install: Use the standard ArchiCAD 21/22 Add-On Manager steps. See ArchiCAD21 Help Center: Add-On Manager.

Method 2: Export a Lumion Collada DAE File from ArchiCAD:
Simply save a .DAE file from ArchiCAD as a Lumion Collada file (.DAE) and import it in Lumion 5.7.2 or newer.

Important: Please see the post below: Export - Saving For ArchiCAD 21/22 users.

Please click here to download the plug-in.

General information about the coordinate systems in ArchiCAD:

The insertion point for the imported model in Lumion corresponds to the socalled 'Project Origin' in ArchiCAD, i.e. at 0,0,0.

If your model is located 1km from this position in ArchiCAD, the model will also be 1km away from the insertion point in Lumion.  If a model is far away in Lumion, you need to move the model closer to the 'Project Origin', i.e. 0,0,0 in ArchiCAD before exporting it to .DAE format via the 'Lumion Collada File (.DAE)' format.

There's more information about the 'Project Origin', the 'User Origin' and the 'Edit Origin' in ArchiCAD on this page: Far From Origin

Re: ArchiCAD: How do I export a model?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 11:42:54 am »
December 14, 2017, 11:42:54 am
Exporting models for ArchiCAD 21 users:

Please ensure you select the Lumon Collada File (*.dae) item in the 'Save As' list when doing a Save As.

Do not use at any time the ArchiCAD Collada item: