Author Topic: ArchiCAD: How do I export a model?  (Read 34947 times)

ArchiCAD: How do I export a model?
« on: May 24, 2012, 03:47:38 pm »
May 24, 2012, 03:47:38 pm
ArchiCAD: How do I export a model to Lumion?

The best way is to use our dedicated ArchiCAD add-on "ArchiCAD To Lumion Bridge" (Windows only).

The latest version now supports ArchiCAD 21. 

Steps to Install:

1. Please click here to download "ArchiCADToLumionBridge-ArchiCAD21.zip".

2. Copy ArchiCADToLumionBridge.apx add-on file from the zip file to ArchiCAD Add-Ons folder.
For example: C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ArchiCAD 21\Add-Ons\

3. Restart ArchiCAD if it was already running.

Important: please see post below: Export - Saving For ArchiCAD 21 users.

The other way to import ArchiCAD models in Lumion with all textures, colors etc intact is to use a SketchUp file (SKP) as an intermediate format.

Alternatively, you could try to import a DWG file directly from ArchiCAD but this file format is less reliable and does not always include all data.

General information about the coordinate systems in ArchiCAD:

The insertion point for the imported model in Lumion corresponds to the socalled 'Project Origin' in ArchiCAD, i.e. at 0,0,0.

If your model is located 1km from this position in ArchiCAD, the model will also be 1km away from the insertion point in Lumion.  If a model is far away in Lumion, you need to move the model closer to the 'Project Origin', i.e. 0,0,0 in ArchiCAD before exporting it to .DAE format via the 'Lumion Collada File (.DAE)' format.

There's more information about the 'Project Origin', the 'User Origin' and the 'Edit Origin' in ArchiCAD on this page: Far From Origin

Re: ArchiCAD: How do I export a model?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 10:51:17 pm »
November 13, 2014, 10:51:17 pm
For ArchiCAD 17 and above Google Sketchup is fully integrated.

For older versions of ArchiCAD you can also try the Google Earth Connections plugins.

Re: ArchiCAD: How do I export a model?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 11:42:54 am »
December 14, 2017, 11:42:54 am
Export - Saving For ArchiCAD 21 users:

Please ensure you select the correct Collada export file when doing a SaveAs.

You need to select and always use the Lumon Collada File (*.dae) item in the SaveAs list:

Do not use at any time the Collada File: