Author Topic: Wishes for future Lumion versions  (Read 97053 times)

Truls

Re: Wishes for future Lumion versions
« Reply #405 on: November 02, 2012, 12:42:56 pm »
November 02, 2012, 12:42:56 pm

rezaiyan

« Reply #406 on: November 03, 2012, 06:29:05 am »
November 03, 2012, 06:29:05 am
I would like to ask for some light functions to be added to the next version of Lumion.
In particular, I want to request for an automatic light function that can recognize the difference between days and nights so that it will automatically turn on as it gets dark, and will turn off as it gets bright.
Thank you so much
Mehdi

« Reply #407 on: November 03, 2012, 09:27:08 am »
November 03, 2012, 09:27:08 am
Thanks for your +1 for that idea, Mehdi (this has been suggested before).
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

andrewpage

« Reply #408 on: November 05, 2012, 05:06:17 pm »
November 05, 2012, 05:06:17 pm
Philosophy behind Lumion is to have an easy to use and lighting fast rendering software, which specifically targets a group that never used a rendering tool before. However, the developers of lumion have made it clear that in order to get blazing fast real time renderings, you will have to compromise on quality output. For some, this is a tiny price to pay for continues output and a extremely low learning curve which gets the team up and running within a day. However, for most of us who already have a V-ray system in place, Lumion would be a huge step back in terms of output quality. This could be a deal breaker since the client don't really care how fast you have rendered it, but is more interested in the output quality, which they have grown accustomed to. The new GI system and planar reflection is a good addition, however, the rendering time will increase. I personally thing that most of us don't mind the longer rendering time since we are already used to long raytrace rendering times.

That said, I think Lumion is better suited to maintain the ease of use as an objective, but concentrate more on output quality than rendering time. And I don't think that the beginners where Lumion is focused on, would mind a longer rendering speed either, since they don't have any references in different renderings speeds. The combination of ease of use, the clean UI, the library and a high end rendering quality could be a game changer.   

Zdenek Fajfrlik

« Reply #409 on: November 06, 2012, 06:46:02 pm »
November 06, 2012, 06:46:02 pm
(ADMIN: Moved to thread about wishes for future versions of Lumion)

animated textures.....YES.....need it right in the actual project .....THANK YOU, guys......

but...morten, please, will i get my sparetly wanted export & reload of views as total recall
and a batch render export in the build mode?

that would REALLY save sooo much time....

thanx stan

« Reply #410 on: November 06, 2012, 06:54:37 pm »
November 06, 2012, 06:54:37 pm
will i get my sparetly wanted export & reload of views as total recall

All I can say at the moment is that Build/Photo/Movie mode work quite differently in Lumion 3.0.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

palma

« Reply #411 on: November 07, 2012, 01:14:11 am »
November 07, 2012, 01:14:11 am
...and about integrating dimmable lights in lamps in your library?

put lights and regulate them in a group of lamps is hard work or is something that escapes me?

thanks

« Reply #412 on: November 07, 2012, 11:22:36 am »
November 07, 2012, 11:22:36 am
Thanks for your +1 for that idea, palma (this has been suggested before).

rezaiyan

« Reply #413 on: November 08, 2012, 07:27:31 am »
November 08, 2012, 07:27:31 am
Dear Lumion team
I would like to add a few more characters, Arabic and Middle Eastern men and women. Based on a project that we have received from this area(Arabic countries) we need some Arabic and Islamic of the characters in Lumion animation we use in our work.
Thank you so much
Mehdi

« Reply #414 on: November 08, 2012, 10:34:42 am »
November 08, 2012, 10:34:42 am
Hi Mehdi, thanks for your +1 for that idea (which has been suggested before).

skype6

« Reply #415 on: November 08, 2012, 02:11:40 pm »
November 08, 2012, 02:11:40 pm
Hi lumion team, and what do you think about the objects that move over water and have interaction with her? (For example: ball floating on the water or boat hit by waves) It would save a lot of time on animation :-D.
 Thanks and wish all the best

« Reply #416 on: November 08, 2012, 03:00:00 pm »
November 08, 2012, 03:00:00 pm
Thanks for your idea, skype6.

jorgensen

« Reply #417 on: November 10, 2012, 03:10:18 pm »
November 10, 2012, 03:10:18 pm
There has been some focus on the UI.

Is there any new features for simple movements/coyp and grouping?

If I have to populate an office, it would be great if it was possible to group tables and chairs, and be able to rotate the them as a whole group. 

An other 'simple' feauture i miss, is beting able to select an object - or group - and copy it in perpendicular directions, eg. by holding SHIFT+CTRL down.

And just a suggestion, consider using some of the same short cuts that are used in other 3d programs, and that seems to be the 'norm' :-) or even better, make it possible for users to customize the shortcuts / keyboardcommands :-)

Thanks, Really looking foreward to the update!

Zdenek Fajfrlik

« Reply #418 on: November 11, 2012, 12:37:09 am »
November 11, 2012, 12:37:09 am
There has been some focus on the UI.

Is there any new features for simple movements/coyp and grouping?

If I have to populate an office, it would be great if it was possible to group tables and chairs, and be able to rotate the them as a whole group. 

An other 'simple' feauture i miss, is beting able to select an object - or group - and copy it in perpendicular directions, eg. by holding SHIFT+CTRL down.

And just a suggestion, consider using some of the same short cuts that are used in other 3d programs, and that seems to be the 'norm' :-) or even better, make it possible for users to customize the shortcuts / keyboardcommands :-)

Thanks, Really looking foreward to the update!

+1 for all , stan

blake0b

« Reply #419 on: November 12, 2012, 07:23:11 am »
November 12, 2012, 07:23:11 am
2 point perspective option for photos, to really represent an image as an architectural perspective