Author Topic: Wishes for future Lumion versions  (Read 97023 times)

Re: Wishes for future Lumion versions
« Reply #390 on: October 18, 2012, 03:48:08 pm »
October 18, 2012, 03:48:08 pm
Sorry, sach and Gga_Mars - I had to split your posts in the announcement thread as they were about wishes for new features :)
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Zdenek Fajfrlik

« Reply #391 on: October 18, 2012, 05:17:11 pm »
October 18, 2012, 05:17:11 pm
Hi stan, I think I have replied to all your posts (regarding the bugs in the Advanced Animation effect I have also replied to those posts every time, and kept people up to date regarding the promised maintenance update for 2.5.1). However, if you spot a post I haven't replied to, please let me know. Just bear in mind that I can't comment on the feasibility of implementing new features or changing existing features - that's a question for Ferry/Remko/Arthur.

As I have stated in quite a few posts by now, Ferry has already fixed bugs in the Advanced Animation effect in the upcoming Lumion 3.0. The bug fix will be included in a maintenance release for Lumion 2.5 (i.e. 2.5.1) which will be free for 2.5 license-holders. He was originally hoping to release this before 3.0, but due to lack of time, it now looks like it will be released after 3.0. It's unfortunate that you have to wait, and all I can do is to apologise for this :(

hi morten, thanx for all your replies so far, the forum is really good and you are a perfect moderator, that's not the problem, sorry, i was a bit stressed at the time, i wrote this, the only problem is really, that nobody really knows, what's coming up next or not and if some ideas in the wishlist have chances or not. so as you wrote, it's all about waiting.....
regards stan

« Reply #392 on: October 18, 2012, 06:36:21 pm »
October 18, 2012, 06:36:21 pm
sorry, i was a bit stressed at the time, i wrote this,

No worries, all of us at Act-3D can totally relate to that at the moment :)
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Gga_Mars

« Reply #393 on: October 19, 2012, 09:25:48 am »
October 19, 2012, 09:25:48 am
Sorry, sach and Gga_Mars - I had to split your posts in the announcement thread as they were about wishes for new features :)
No problem Morten , I should have post here... Even if it's my wish for lumion 3 and not for the future version  ;)  :-D

Regards
Amenagement Urbanisme Architecture Design

www.auad.fr

« Reply #394 on: October 20, 2012, 11:29:01 am »
October 20, 2012, 11:29:01 am
No problem Morten , I should have post here... Even if it's my wish for lumion 3 and not for the future version  ;)  :-D

Unfortunately, there's no time left for fulfilling more wishes for Lumion 3.0, so I had to put it in the 'ideas for future updates' thread :)

f8sf

« Reply #395 on: October 22, 2012, 10:46:53 am »
October 22, 2012, 10:46:53 am
ability to import animated camera data will be awesome. i could use it to mix lumion animation with real live environments.   :D

« Reply #397 on: October 24, 2012, 10:24:37 am »
October 24, 2012, 10:24:37 am
Hi enricob, I didn't see a smiley in your post so I'm not totally sure if you're joking, given the link to The Flat Earth Society page?

If you're not joking, please read this thread:
http://lumion3d.com/forum/new-features-wish-list/size-of-sum/

chris_howard

« Reply #398 on: October 24, 2012, 01:32:35 pm »
October 24, 2012, 01:32:35 pm
+1

+1 and collision detection and gravity so that we can export a real time walkthrough for our clients.

enricob

« Reply #399 on: October 24, 2012, 02:37:01 pm »
October 24, 2012, 02:37:01 pm
Hi enricob, I didn't see a smiley in your post so I'm not totally sure if you're joking, given the link to The Flat Earth Society page?

If you're not joking, please read this thread:
http://lumion3d.com/forum/new-features-wish-list/size-of-sum/

:-D :-D Sorry Mortey, I haven't been keeping up to date with the forums lately...I stand corrected!!

I'm generally too lazy to check these things, but I know I should.

Keyframe sun / moon size would be good, just thought something wasn't quite right with the videos posted.

Can I add keyframing and positioning of 3d lightening? that would be a cool effect! (I actually did a search for this  :-D :-D)

Cheers mate...

ps...  :-D :-Dhttp://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/ :-D :-D I'll quote anyone!!!
Sorry about the smiley overkill ::)

« Reply #400 on: October 24, 2012, 03:34:49 pm »
October 24, 2012, 03:34:49 pm
Keyframe sun / moon size would be good, just thought something wasn't quite right with the videos posted.

No worries, a request for a way to artificially change the sun/moon size is a perfectly valid idea (as was also suggested by some users in the thread I posted a link to). I guess I misunderstood your first post and thought you wanted us to make the sun larger near the horizon based on the rather dubious 19th century quote from The Flat Earth Society :)

Can I add keyframing and positioning of 3d lightening? that would be a cool effect! (I actually did a search for this  :-D :-D)

Thanks for your +1 for the ability to keyframe animate spotlight properties (this has also been requested before).

TIP: You can already animate the position/rotation of spotlights via the Basic Animation or Advanced Animation effects - just make sure that the shadows are dynamically updated: Select light -> Edit properties -> Shadow cache -> Off (The downside is that this is slower to render than if you choose static shadows via the 128/256/512 buttons).

alizorro

« Reply #401 on: November 02, 2012, 11:36:47 am »
November 02, 2012, 11:36:47 am
i think lumion has everything now but in my point of view only one thing would help.

which is the ability to apply grass material (not the bitmap one) to a surface, or at least the ability to brush the grass on a surface.

will that be in lumion 3.0 ? or will it be in the future ?

thank you so much for everything i sware you are doing what people want and thats the point of this software to be suitable and helpful for everyone

Michael

« Reply #402 on: November 02, 2012, 11:59:10 am »
November 02, 2012, 11:59:10 am
which is the ability to apply grass material (not the bitmap one) to a surface, or at least the ability to brush the grass on a surface.

+1 for the grass question. 3d-grass and more realistic reflections are what holds back our preorder of V3-Pro. Might we know what the odds for getting those 2 features are?

« Reply #403 on: November 02, 2012, 12:35:59 pm »
November 02, 2012, 12:35:59 pm

will that be in lumion 3.0 ?

No.

« Reply #404 on: November 02, 2012, 12:36:42 pm »
November 02, 2012, 12:36:42 pm
+1 for the grass question. 3d-grass and more realistic reflections are what holds back our preorder of V3-Pro. Might we know what the odds for getting those 2 features are?

Grass: That's a question for the developers (Ferry/Arthur/Remko), and they're super busy working on Lumion 3 at the moment.

Reflections: Planar reflections will be included in Lumion 3 (see the newsletter email that was sent yesterday).