Author Topic: Wishes for future Lumion versions  (Read 97078 times)

Re: Wishes for future Lumion versions
« Reply #375 on: October 15, 2012, 02:07:35 pm »
October 15, 2012, 02:07:35 pm
you’ve decided you won’t implement “in any future release”
We have none of your proposed points planned for a future release. Anything beyond that I do not know yet.

darek13

« Reply #376 on: October 15, 2012, 02:17:37 pm »
October 15, 2012, 02:17:37 pm
Sirsasana: Your fundamental functionality ideas sound good to me!

darek13

« Reply #377 on: October 15, 2012, 02:31:08 pm »
October 15, 2012, 02:31:08 pm
I do not have anything to do with architecture visualizations at all.
But I have already bought Lumion 3.0 pro. Why?  For illustrations/animations only. This program makes money!
If I could only take animations and do something with them in 3d max for instance it would be  a dream come true!

BMcIsaac

« Reply #378 on: October 15, 2012, 02:55:08 pm »
October 15, 2012, 02:55:08 pm
I must say the face is nice ...but not very difficult with the right tools and time. What we do with Lumion is produce image sequences....you posted a model.
We get your point....it is just a little misplaced. There is a shelf full of apps that will let you nurb-out but none of them are any good at architecture. That's why we are here. The two approaches are divergent.

ToFi

« Reply #379 on: October 15, 2012, 06:56:25 pm »
October 15, 2012, 06:56:25 pm
Hello,
theme importing animations:
Our company produces films for Siemens. That is why I purchased Lumion3d. What we show is not hollywood-like action. We have to animate moving mechanical structures which are in a landscape environment. Normally Lumion could be very good for that - but for our (in my eyes not exotic) effort Lumion does not work good. We cannot use it until now. My mistake...
TF

« Reply #380 on: October 16, 2012, 01:42:01 pm »
October 16, 2012, 01:42:01 pm
Our company produces films for Siemens. That is why I purchased Lumion3d. What we show is not hollywood-like action. We have to animate moving mechanical structures which are in a landscape environment. Normally Lumion could be very good for that - but for our (in my eyes not exotic) effort Lumion does not work good. We cannot use it until now. My mistake...

(Hi ToFi, if you haven't already done so, please post your suggestions for improvements of the existing animation functionality in the Wish List section of the forum)
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

« Reply #381 on: October 17, 2012, 12:13:55 pm »
October 17, 2012, 12:13:55 pm
Hello,
TF

We have some people who import animated models from 3DS Max. I would not recommend creating complex animations in Lumion. Lumion is an architectural visualization tool and the animation tools are just enough to see a car drive by or a person walk accros the sidewalk.

Ecuadorian

« Reply #382 on: October 17, 2012, 05:01:52 pm »
October 17, 2012, 05:01:52 pm
Still, I hope the "advanced animation" effect gets updated. It's currently very buggy.  :-\

ToFi

« Reply #383 on: October 17, 2012, 06:31:21 pm »
October 17, 2012, 06:31:21 pm
(Hi ToFi, if you haven't already done so, please post your suggestions for improvements of the existing animation functionality in the Wish List section of the forum)

... Lumion is an architectural visualization tool

Hi Remko and Morten,
I´m wondering about your communication. For me Morten says up Remko says down.

When I look at both statements and put them together is the translation - make your suggestion, it doesn´t care. And/because - Lumion is only for architects - no other features than features for architects are needed. So why should I make a suggestion against this attitude? No need for answering...

I also made/make architecture visualisations with Vray - stills and clips and my experience is that architectual viz´s are only a tiny sequence of the the future. Why? Architects and their clients don´t want to spend money for visualisations. The future is at science, automotive, industrial viz´s - things where animations are necesarry to show a process - there is the big money and the future.

TF

Zdenek Fajfrlik

« Reply #384 on: October 17, 2012, 07:14:27 pm »
October 17, 2012, 07:14:27 pm
We have some people who import animated models from 3DS Max. I would not recommend creating complex animations in Lumion. Lumion is an architectural visualization tool and the animation tools are just enough to see a car drive by or a person walk accros the sidewalk.

hi remko,
yes, you are right, i think , this was the intention of the programmers probably and is ok. but then please make the animation as good as possible within these borders , me and lot of other people wrote already down a lot of ideas and bug-reports. when morten rights to tofi, he should write down his ideas, can you tell me, what happened with all the ideas already written down in the forum??? have they a chance ???
and i did not read too much about an improvement of animation toys in the 3.0-web-presentation.

just to make clear: i am not a free-version-user, i bought your software, where the animation module simply does not work, i even bought the 3.0 update without beeing sure about an improvement, there is no real responce to the forum about this besides an info about a possible update for 2.5.....
so maybe a last idea - if you really want to make less, but simple, then make it also more than perfect and everybody is happy.

and please, be better then other software producers - don't sell bug-repairs as new versions but repair them.
because as lots of us really know - with lumion we are on the way to a really good production tool
regards stan

« Reply #385 on: October 18, 2012, 01:23:43 pm »
October 18, 2012, 01:23:43 pm
there is no real responce to the forum about this besides an info about a possible update for 2.5.....

Hi stan, I think I have replied to all your posts (regarding the bugs in the Advanced Animation effect I have also replied to those posts every time, and kept people up to date regarding the promised maintenance update for 2.5.1). However, if you spot a post I haven't replied to, please let me know. Just bear in mind that I can't comment on the feasibility of implementing new features or changing existing features - that's a question for Ferry/Remko/Arthur.

and please, be better then other software producers - don't sell bug-repairs as new versions but repair them.

As I have stated in quite a few posts by now, Ferry has already fixed bugs in the Advanced Animation effect in the upcoming Lumion 3.0. The bug fix will be included in a maintenance release for Lumion 2.5 (i.e. 2.5.1) which will be free for 2.5 license-holders. He was originally hoping to release this before 3.0, but due to lack of time, it now looks like it will be released after 3.0. It's unfortunate that you have to wait, and all I can do is to apologise for this :(
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

« Reply #386 on: October 18, 2012, 01:28:29 pm »
October 18, 2012, 01:28:29 pm
So why should I make a suggestion against this attitude? No need for answering...

I think most people here agree that the Advanced Animation effect is not perfect (even if there were no bugs), but if you don't make suggestions, you can be 100% sure that your ideas will never materialise ;)

RAD

« Reply #387 on: October 18, 2012, 01:33:31 pm »
October 18, 2012, 01:33:31 pm
I have found that when doing advanced animation it is best practice to "key frame" the movements (of cars and boats) @ consistent times... i.e every 3 seconds or every 4 seconds - etc etc through the entire time frame allotted.  Always rotate ever so slightly on each "key frame" move if going around corners etc......  you can see the spline in the movement of the objects.  The delete "key frame" is in disrepair so you have to work with it.  I got some cars moving around islands and corners and boats moving forward and backing in - sometimes the spline makes it -sling shot- the movements. Delete the animated object and try again if you get this response.   ;)  When you get it dialed in - looks super cool for animated imagery.

sach

« Reply #388 on: October 18, 2012, 02:34:47 pm »
October 18, 2012, 02:34:47 pm
You can imagine how hectic things are with everyone working super hard to get stuff done for 3.0 - we have very little time left and it's pretty terrifying at times, but we'll get there!

Sorry about not revealing more stuff sooner but we don't want to disappoint people. Imagine how you'd feel if we promised you a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and when you got there, there would just be a bucket full of rusty iron :)

All I can say is that there's more cool stuff than GI in the pipeline but we can't reveal what until we're absolutely sure that everything works.

Something like reflection i hope!!

Gga_Mars

« Reply #389 on: October 18, 2012, 02:53:49 pm »
October 18, 2012, 02:53:49 pm
Something like reflection i hope!!
or something like axonometric view or brush for painting multiple trees and plants  ? Or "ecosystem" with "populate" function ...or...humm... the idea of massages with cleaning room function was also a good idea ;) :P
Amenagement Urbanisme Architecture Design

www.auad.fr