This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: Wishes for future Lumion versions  (Read 109300 times)

stucki

Re: Wishes for future Lumion versions
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2012, 11:42:23 am »
September 27, 2012, 11:42:23 am
more people in more variations are very good !
i cant wait to see all new people with more animaitions attached.

It would be very very good if we could alter the textures of the models, and if only for colour correction to have a even more variety.
maybe in the properties window there could be an icon for load different texture.
thats of course only possible if you own all rights on the models and textures.....

kind regards

« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2012, 11:50:38 am »
September 27, 2012, 11:50:38 am
and if only for colour correction to have a even more variety.

A colourmask is probably not going to be possible since we already use 2 textures per character with all channels in use (RGBA). Adding a 3rd texture for a colour mask would increase the memory usage for each character even more. As an alternative, we have made sure that the clothes are varied in both colour and (sometimes) style when a character is available in multiple versions.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

alizorro

« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2012, 12:23:40 pm »
September 27, 2012, 12:23:40 pm
I feel the same way - I use Lumion as a replacement for VRAY to create fast presentations.

I don't need (I know some do :-) )
- cartoonish people, dogs, birds etc.
- snow
- rain
- sky
- mountains

I need
- good reflections in a useable resolution
- good lights
- a good and inovative user interface

I'm looking foreward for information regarding these options :-)

Thanks.

The same here except i think the sky is really important :)
reflections is my highest concern right now :( i just hope there will be an update to that

Francan

« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2012, 12:30:04 pm »
September 27, 2012, 12:30:04 pm
Water and  oceans are fantastic in Lumion but it lack swimming's characters moving

darek13

« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2012, 12:44:20 pm »
September 27, 2012, 12:44:20 pm
Exactly!

Aliki_N

« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2012, 02:08:20 pm »
September 27, 2012, 02:08:20 pm
Thank you lumion team for finally introducing seated characters. Hopefully you will have
business  characters too. One post here spoke about a very interesting aspect of characters
though I think introducing bvh motion into lumion is a far fetched dream at this stage. Lumion seems to have started off so well in terms of realism for water, clouds, artificial lights, day skies, night skies and a selected plants. We need a similar level of realism to be applied to characters and lumion shaders. Lumion must focus beyond architectural visualisation. Lumion must encompass sectors such as movie industry, simulation of educational programs, fashion industry, and advertising etc.

Perhaps the best approach to characters is to develop only two customizable characters "Mr Lumion & Ms Lumion". These could be posable according to the user's needs. Lumion clothes could be developed.

For now I am happy with the growth pace for lumion. You don't often get such a humongous upgrade with other "giant softwares". Lumion is doing great! I really appreciate.

Regards,

Alickn

Brian Hengelsberg

« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2012, 02:21:59 pm »
September 27, 2012, 02:21:59 pm

For now I am happy with the growth pace for lumion. You don't often get such a surmountable upgrade with other "giant softwares". Lumion is doing great! I really appreciate.

Every update has had not only bug fixes, but a massive amount of content improvement.  Take a step back and look at V1 vs V2...and what a huge leap it was.  People seem to be worried about getting what they pre-paid for in the upgrade, i for one am sure there will be some great new wiz-bang functionality and improvements to the existing.  I would venture to guess this will not be your AutoCAD yearly refresh of the same crap especially when you glean information from the little reveals.

« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2012, 02:47:46 pm »
September 27, 2012, 02:47:46 pm
Today I made some fixes which improves the rendering quality of the characters. Check out the screenshots:

Robert A. Christman

« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2012, 02:58:58 pm »
September 27, 2012, 02:58:58 pm
I am patiently waiting to see what magic L3 will offer. I have to say i can understand all of the different perspectives in this thread and their concerns when you consider that most of us here are using Lumion as a replacement to whatever other viz software we have been using.

i rarely if ever go back and use max or kerkyhtea now. i have completely changed my workflow and process to accommodate what i can and cant get out of lumion for fast and efficient renderings that have a little extra special quality to them, and of course the ease of animation.

i too hope there is some improvement in: reflections, landscaping, cameras, etc. but i really like the other stuff that we have been shown as well.

i look forward to launch. Once again, thanks to the Lumion team for listening and responding to the mob. you guys are doing a great job. i honestly cant imagine doing visualization without Lumion now. starting with the very first issue, Lumion has been a game changer for many of us. I hope this latest version continues the trend.

Bob

« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2012, 03:37:22 pm »
September 27, 2012, 03:37:22 pm
Here's another image of one of the available characters.

Robert A. Christman

« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2012, 03:46:34 pm »
September 27, 2012, 03:46:34 pm
very nice! love the fact that we will have sitting people too!!

bob

Gilson Antunes

« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2012, 04:37:25 pm »
September 27, 2012, 04:37:25 pm
Congratulations to the entire team. They are getting very good.
Characters are much desired by us all.  :-D :-D

I wish they had a more pronounced movement, as in Lumion 1. If the movement is very subtle they are not perceived, with the camera moving and distance.
Gilson Antunes
www.gilsonantunes.com.br
RTX 2080Ti / Win7 / (TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4,00GHz / RAM 64Gb DDR-4 / SSD 1,5Tb

« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2012, 04:52:32 pm »
September 27, 2012, 04:52:32 pm
Congratulations to the entire team. They are getting very good.
Characters are much desired by us all.  :-D :-D

I wish they had a more pronounced movement, as in Lumion 1. If the movement is very subtle they are not perceived, with the camera moving and distance.

The modeller is adding more motion because we noticed it too.

« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2012, 04:53:49 pm »
September 27, 2012, 04:53:49 pm
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Gilson Antunes

« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2012, 05:00:14 pm »
September 27, 2012, 05:00:14 pm
@Gilson: Please read this earlier post:
http://lumion3d.com/forum/announcements/lumion-3-0-secrets-revealed/msg37139/#msg37139

Morten Yes, I had read this topic.
I made the comment because the second generation of animated characters were made ​​with subtle movements.
Gilson Antunes
www.gilsonantunes.com.br
RTX 2080Ti / Win7 / (TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4,00GHz / RAM 64Gb DDR-4 / SSD 1,5Tb