This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: Wishes for future Lumion versions  (Read 109306 times)

Michael Betke

Re: Wishes for future Lumion versions
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2012, 08:43:36 am »
September 25, 2012, 08:43:36 am
Please give us camera export and import. Just FBX or collada.
I could use so many aspects of lumion like water and clouds in 3d compositions, but i need to get that together with other 3D Software.

Totally aggree with it. This would be awesome and I missed it several times.
Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences
Interactive 3D Visualizations for Architects, Serious Games and Simulation Developers
Twitter | 3D Model Shop

Ronald Kissling

« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2012, 04:27:27 pm »
September 25, 2012, 04:27:27 pm
 On our wish list:

- save/load movie effects + other settings from other scenes to replicate the look of an older project
- backface-culling on/off switch (we ran into backface culling problems in nearly all projects)

Zdenek Fajfrlik

« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2012, 01:43:09 am »
September 26, 2012, 01:43:09 am
 :D  :-D
Even if i don't need this feature (snow and rain) i thought about a way to correct "the German's indoor snowstorms bug"...
I thought about multiple boxes, that we can draw and that may exclude effect as snow or rain inside, this would do the trick...
I don't know if it's technically possible...

Regards

hi, i don't really think, you will get this, since lumions don't even want to implement a "selection depth" parameter, which would be sooooo needed in a men's perspective selection....
regards stan

Zdenek Fajfrlik

« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2012, 01:52:15 am »
September 26, 2012, 01:52:15 am
On our wish list:

- save/load movie effects + other settings from other scenes to replicate the look of an older project
- backface-culling on/off switch (we ran into backface culling problems in nearly all projects)

hi mr. kissling, good to hear aother 1+ for any kind of savable and restorable parameter, since we already have a long discussion about a "total recall" of views in build mode with all parameters saved to a unlimited list (external).

for saving movie effects: at the moment i save lumion project as 'dummy files' incl. movies, so a new project is a dummy + new import.

so morten : again a 1+ for saving paramets!

btw. i just heard, that for example cloud settings may have less parameters in 3.0 then in 2.5. i think, we again have tu argue for a sort of 'doble interface'. a simple one for a quick intuitive working and a 'professional one' with lots of parameters and controllers for professional scene design.

regards stan

sach

« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2012, 04:29:14 pm »
September 26, 2012, 04:29:14 pm
Almost the end of september, only 4 weeks left to the official launch of the 3.0........and for the price raise....still seen nothing that would made me spend 882 $ cad so far.

« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2012, 12:33:30 am »
September 27, 2012, 12:33:30 am
http://lumion3d.com/lumion-3-0-preview/

And a new update! It shows some of the new characters in Lumion 3.0.

Only about 5 weeks left until November so the new features will really get more interesting as we approach the release.

ilwedritschel

« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2012, 03:50:27 am »
September 27, 2012, 03:50:27 am
nice people good people,

than can i use lumion 3.0 in november of all my 6 split monitors on 5 workstations, tools on 1 monitor etc. and rendering one another

Ecuadorian

« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2012, 07:15:39 am »
September 27, 2012, 07:15:39 am
Nice update, Remko.  :-9 Most projects here include pools, beaches or both, so the new people in swimsuit are very welcome. Now, if you could include people doing soccer, volleyball, biking and jogging in a future update...  :-D

EDIT: I'm wondering why you no longer add people talking.  ???

BTW, will we be able to open 2.5 Pro scenes in 3.0 Pro?

« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2012, 08:07:22 am »
September 27, 2012, 08:07:22 am
Nice update, Remko.  :-9 Most projects here include pools, beaches or both, so the new people in swimsuit are very welcome. Now, if you could include people doing soccer, volleyball, biking and jogging in a future update...  :-D

EDIT: I'm wondering why you no longer add people talking.  ???

BTW, will we be able to open 2.5 Pro scenes in 3.0 Pro?

Hi, these are not all models so we add more models later. All models are custom made so based on what customers want we will add more when needed. Talking people is a good suggestion and Some business people would be nice. If you have any further suggestions let us know and we will consider it.

You can load 2.5 scenes in version 3.0. There are some minor adjustments you need to make to sky brightness or amount of clouds for example. We wanted to make Lumion 3.0 easier to configure so we changed some of the setting so they are better by default. In practice you will be able to load scenes from 2.5 and have everything corrected in 5 minutes.

Ecuadorian

« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2012, 08:18:26 am »
September 27, 2012, 08:18:26 am
Thanks, Remko. My suggestion would be to focus on people in motion: Talking, walking, etc. Static people can be easily bought on Turbosquid or Got3D and imported to Lumion, but we rely on native Lumion objects for moving people.

oscarlopez

« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2012, 10:00:25 am »
September 27, 2012, 10:00:25 am
Sometimes and taking advantage of layers we make scenes that simulate the construction of a building, we would like to see workers in helmet, holding blueprints,......
Thx

Michael Betke

« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2012, 10:13:20 am »
September 27, 2012, 10:13:20 am
Small typo on the new text:

different skin coolor and
coolor = color ;)

For the people:
I appreaciate new people but I think it could be the time to introduce a simple skin shader to Lumion. At the moment the skins look dull and lacks of specularity and depth like some basic SSS (sub surface scattering) will make it look more realistic. There are lots of concepts for real-time capable skin shaders out there. So picking on up will be a great benefit for the 3D people.

Also the hair is just a texture. Using basic alphachannel hair would really boost the look for closer renderings of people.

Those little things like improved hair (I'm not talking about complex simulations like in Unreal Engine here) and skin shaders will give more realism as a simple normalmap or boosting polies.

I really like the people from AXYZ-Designs. Maybe if we can get rigged animation import some day I can bring them in Lumion then with custom mocap-data. This would be a great feature to tell stories and not just fly around. :)
Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences
Interactive 3D Visualizations for Architects, Serious Games and Simulation Developers
Twitter | 3D Model Shop

jorgensen

« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2012, 10:36:18 am »
September 27, 2012, 10:36:18 am
Almost the end of september, only 4 weeks left to the official launch of the 3.0........and for the price raise....still seen nothing that would made me spend 882 $ cad so far.

I feel the same way - I use Lumion as a replacement for VRAY to create fast presentations.

I don't need (I know some do :-) )
- cartoonish people, dogs, birds etc.
- snow
- rain
- sky
- mountains

I need
- good reflections in a useable resolution
- good lights
- a good and inovative user interface

I'm looking foreward for information regarding these options :-)

Thanks.

Nico RVArq.com

« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2012, 10:41:24 am »
September 27, 2012, 10:41:24 am
I appreciate the introduction of more models, but if they are in 3d and not move or only move imperceptibly, then it is almost better to me, keep the photo 2d silhouettes, gives much more realism.
By the way, some of the models glances scared me!  :D :D

« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2012, 11:04:08 am »
September 27, 2012, 11:04:08 am
Thanks for your feedback - we are aware of the issues you raise regarding the characters, but please bear in mind that this is a sneak preview. The animations and the shader will be improved in time for the final release (yes, that will include talking/gesticulating animations, Miguel).

The hair and eyelashes do use an opacity mask (it's only 1-bit but it's better than nothing) :)
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.