May 04, 2015, 02:38:38 am
Thanks for your interest in Lumion and enquiring about hardware requirements (before purchasing).
Your laptop is well below minimum specifications to run Lumion: see Passmark
For hardware requirements refer to:
1. LUMION 5: Minimum hardware requirements
. (same for prior versions)
2. Lumion Web Site: Specifications
3. Passmark: Videocard Benchmarks
The GPU is the most important component as that is where most work is done. If you check the Passmarks, you will see that the GTX 860M is 1635, GTX 960M is 1533, and GTX 970M is 4863.
Only the one with a GTX 970M meets or exceeds minimum requirements for the GPU.
I'll let you check your list for CPU Passmarks.
Although 8GB of RAM is OK with Lumion, there are higher quality scenes that sometimes require at least 12GB RAM and preferably 16GB of RAM. Given the cost of RAM it's clearly worthwhile going for 16GB. That tends to be the basic level for RAM in most laptops now, anyway.
You need to consider whether there is actual need for a laptop or a desktop as your primary PC for Lumion projects.
- Will you need a laptop due to high mobility demands, and also because you will be presenting to clients regularly and in realtime.
- A desktop option will have much higher performance for similar dollars spent, especially as the GPU's are much more powerful in desktops compared to laptops for the same product.