This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: Update for Demo Users !  (Read 9493 times)

Aaron

Update for Demo Users !
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 01:30:05 pm »
January 21, 2011, 01:30:05 pm
Awesome.

Boatdrinks, Women and lots of extravagent mansions shall come to all of those involved Cool Thanks!

Santana

Update for Demo Users !
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 09:30:05 pm »
January 23, 2011, 09:30:05 pm
Hello everyone,

1) Morten are you talking about the RC1 or RC2? Confused "Lumion uses a strict alpha *threshold* so it will make pure white pixels visible and pure black pixels invisible whereas greyscale gradients are rounded up or down to pure black/pure white".

if you're talking about rc1 show us how to do it.

2) When we import the model, lumion join the geometry with the same material. I would like to give a Tip. Lumion must give the possibility to split and merge the geometry. it allows us to do tricks with the same material distributed on different geometries with different parameters. Wink

Aaron

Update for Demo Users !
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 12:44:24 am »
January 24, 2011, 12:44:24 am
Hi Santana,

1) What Morten means is there is no greyscale support on the alphachannel.

All is either fully transparant (RGB 0/0/0 alpha full black) or fully opaque (RGB 255/255/255 alpha full white).

In RC1 and RC2 you have to configure your alpha material prior to import into Lumion.

In RC3 it will become possible to use the standard Lumion material for this as well.

2) What tricks exactly? Don't you think its better to make sure you configure your model properly prior to importing in Lumion?

Santana

Update for Demo Users !
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 09:48:20 am »
January 24, 2011, 09:48:20 am
hello Aaron,

Aaron unfortunately, sketchup did not use the alpha mask, but I have found a way. the sameway that sketchup uses. pierce the texture. view images.

freez

Update for Demo Users !
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 11:17:56 am »
January 24, 2011, 11:17:56 am
Remko said:

When there's a RC2 demo we will post it. It has some nice new things like the ability to scale objects ,rotating car wheels and presets for visual looks.

Waiting in eager anticipation, any day soon?  Now that licensed users have access to the update would be great to see for us demo users that are not quite at licensing stage. Laugh

Update for Demo Users !
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 05:13:21 pm »
January 24, 2011, 05:13:21 pm
Please note that the release candidates are tests versions with experimental features in them.

Aaron

Update for Demo Users !
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 07:51:33 pm »
January 24, 2011, 07:51:33 pm
santana said:

hello Aaron,

sketchup did not use the alpha mask, but I have found a way. the sameway that sketchup uses. pierce the texture. 

Crazy workaround Laugh 

Santana

Update for Demo Users !
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 10:34:07 pm »
January 24, 2011, 10:34:07 pm
ciao Aaron, ciao Remko, ciao Freez, ciao everyone,

Aaron that is a trick. as you can see the textures can't give any feature: as metal; so you would lose the transparency of the material. but it could go the same.

Remko you are absolutely right. the beta is released to be tested.

Freez we are all waiting to see the new release miracles.

Aaron can't know before as lumion processes the model. example: sum lumion a cube with all sides of a single material. on one side the material seems to be too dark. What to do? I separate the faces and do the same material different parameters for different faces. otherwise I have to reopen the modeler program, change and reload everything. 

Aaron

Update for Demo Users !
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 10:43:10 pm »
January 24, 2011, 10:43:10 pm
Seems a bit impractical to me santana, but if this would work better for you, perhaps you should make a request here Wink

Update for Demo Users !
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 10:19:05 am »
January 25, 2011, 10:19:05 am
santana said:

Aaron can't know before as lumion processes the model. example: sum lumion a cube with all sides of a single material. on one side the material seems to be too dark. What to do? I separate the faces and do the same material different parameters for different faces. otherwise I have to reopen the modeler program, change and reload everything.

Not quite sure which cube you're talking about on that screenshot but my initial guess is that it could be caused by:

1) Lighting/shadow parameters? Does it help if you change some of the Weather parameters, such as Sky brightness and Shadow brightness?

2) One material which is converted to several materials when exporting from SketchUp?
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Santana

Update for Demo Users !
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 01:27:31 pm »
January 30, 2011, 01:27:31 pm
Hello Morten,

Sorry for the delay I answer to you. the cube was an example. It is not the screenshot. in lumion geometries of the same material are all linked.

1) I spoke about  lighting/shadow parameters and also material parameters, this is the result.

2) No I am not talking about do different materials from a single material. When you select a material, the geometries are all linked. create a command with the possibility to split the geometries connected to the same material.

Back again on shadows, I noticed that the shadows of the trees seem perfect. have trees its own algorithm to generate shadows?

Shadows are expected from the edges of objects, so geometries do not seem to float in the air or seconded.

See3D.be

Update for Demo Users !
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 08:53:43 pm »
January 30, 2011, 08:53:43 pm
If you request a new demo, you get link to latest
Lumion, Quest3D and SketchUp reseller, training and support.

Update for Demo Users !
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 11:42:53 am »
January 31, 2011, 11:42:53 am
Hello again, Santana.

1) I'm afraid I still don't understand what it is you want me to pay attention to on your first screenshot? I see green walls, black walls and white walls. Can you describe what it is that you think is undesirable on the screenshot? If you're referring to how dark the green and black walls are, it's actually possible to adjust the emmissiveness of materials in the latest version of Lumion but I'm guessing you're using the demo version (The updates for the demo version are always lacking behind the updates for the paid version of Lumion).

2) A method for splitting up a model with 1 material so you can apply different materials to it is already on the wish list.

3) The shadow offset is a known issue and you tend to notice it more when looking at shadows from angular shapes. This is why shadows from round tree trunks don't look like they're offset as much as shadows from columns for example. Ferry and Remko are aware of the problem though.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

yihao

Update for Demo Users !
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 12:54:36 pm »
January 31, 2011, 12:54:36 pm
I requested a new demo but I do not think it is the latest version (RC3 for Demo Users...ability to scale object...ecc ecc). How can I get the latest update for demo users?

Update for Demo Users !
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 02:37:17 pm »
January 31, 2011, 02:37:17 pm
As far as I have been informed, the next demo version will be Update 1 (Final). See3D is a reseller who has access to an in-house demo version which is slightly newer than the version you're using, Yihao, but you're better off waiting for Update 1 Final as it contains numerous bug fixes and feature improvements.

We hope (but can't guarantee) that Lumion Update 1 (Final) will be ready for release later this week.