Author Topic: Trial is not downloading at Office but worked at home  (Read 242 times)

Trial is not downloading at Office but worked at home
« on: April 12, 2017, 01:52:34 am »
April 12, 2017, 01:52:34 am
email contact:

hi,

i have been trying to get this trial working on several machines at my office without success. it did work on my machine at home, but i need to test it on a workstation and a laptop at the office.

The download manager says "The license may be invalid or the download manager is outdated..."

I have requested a new one with a different email and I get the same error.

Thank You.

Re: Trial is not downloading at Office but worked at home
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 02:04:34 am »
April 12, 2017, 02:04:34 am
Hi Mark

Thanks for the contact and reporting the problem.

I have also successfully downloaded your Trial version from your email.  I presume that your second time Trial version to download was done at the office?

So, it means that there is something blocking the download manager.

Usually it's due to lack of/restricted access to our servers.  Please follow the steps in our Knowledge Base ArticleWhy is the Download Manager not working?

Another option is that the anti-virus software at the office is preventing the download manager from working.  What is the AV software used there.  If the steps above do not work, try temporarily disabling the AV.

Let us know here how you get on. 

Thanks for your interest in Lumion and hopefully we can get the Trial working for you soon.

mschwett

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 06:05:55 pm »
April 12, 2017, 06:05:55 pm
hi,

my IT department and i have looked at this quite a bit.

it's not our network firewall or a local firewall (which is disabled) - other machines on the same network are able to start the download manager. port 80 isn't blocked, and no local antivirus is running. other software is easily able to install.

the only obvious difference is that this machine is running windows 10, and most machines in our org are windows 7 pro.... then again, the machine at home i successfully tried it on is also windows 10.

is there another way to deliver and install the software?

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 06:18:35 pm »
April 12, 2017, 06:18:35 pm
Hi mschwett, thanks for the update.

As you noted, the Windows version makes no difference.

In other words, there's still something on that particular computer that's preventing the Download Manager from accessing the internet and/or from writing on the harddrive. It sounds like you also tried running the Download Manager with administrator rights.

Rather than spend a disproportionate amount of time on troubleshooting this issue, my recommendation would be to download the installation files on one of PCs that the Download Manager is working on, and then transfer the files to the relevant PC via the network. It's about 2.3GB.

Would that work for you?
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.