This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: Terrain Map  (Read 33220 times)

Re: Terrain Map
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 04:42:20 am »
July 24, 2015, 04:42:20 am
Hi adelaacosta16

Is the post above not useful?

The GeoTIFF or other greyscale image provided by Global Data Explorer using ASTER data is directly useable in Lumion via import terrain bitmap, so thats good.  Some images may need cropping and other adjustment depending on area required in Lumion and area defined in the GDE, but will of course only be used for the 2x2km terrain area in Lumion.

To create larger terrains, Lumion requires importing of the area as a mesh.  Importing the bitmap into a DCC that converts to a mesh such as Infrastructure, Max, Carrara, and SkUp will do it too with the terrain plugin (yet to test), and then exporting/importing to Lumion will create a mesh based terrain in Lumion, pre-scale or use the default pixel to meter that the DCC uses to convert to mesh.

It's a long while since been through the steps, and would need to check with what's needed with the USGS, but you should be able to get it to export/save the data as a bitmap (image), needs to be greyscale - not color.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

mayapi

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 09:02:15 pm »
April 25, 2016, 09:02:15 pm

The GeoTIFF or other greyscale image provided by Global Data Explorer using ASTER data is directly useable in Lumion via import terrain bitmap, so thats good.  Some images may need cropping and other adjustment depending on area required in Lumion and area defined in the GDE, but will of course only be used for the 2x2km terrain area in Lumion.

To create larger terrains, Lumion requires importing of the area as a mesh.  Importing the bitmap into a DCC that converts to a mesh such as Infrastructure, Max, Carrara, and SkUp will do it too with the terrain plugin (yet to test), and then exporting/importing to Lumion will create a mesh based terrain in Lumion, pre-scale or use the default pixel to meter that the DCC uses to convert to mesh.

------------------------
Facebook: LumionNZ
Web: Lumion NZ

Hello, im new on the forum and i use Lumion 3 Pro.

I am very interested about how to import the map from USGS.

I have download Geotiff, some jpg in greyscale but it doesnt work in my Lumion (V3).

Is it possible to help me, i try to make a custom terran for real house based on my plans, and i need this terran for integrate perfectly the house and starting to render the context.

Thanks in advance for all helps from all contributors.

Ps: i think i will make a small memory video tutorial after that

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2016, 05:55:01 am »
April 26, 2016, 05:55:01 am
Hi mayapi

Before we proceed, please follow the instructions in our FAQ topic: NEED SUPPORT? on registering your Lumion v3 Pro license.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.