BABE™

|
« on: August 30, 2011, 05:39:27 pm »
August 30, 2011, 05:39:27 pm
|

Re: Camera SPLINE WINDOW - Editable PLEASE X
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 09:10:52 am »
August 31, 2011, 09:10:52 am
The bumps you see is probably that the camera is to close to the ground. When you go near the ground Lumion pushes the camera back up not using its internal splines.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 11:10:55 am »
August 31, 2011, 11:10:55 am
I don't know the exact spline type since Remko created it.

We tried to create a camera that is very easy to control for architectural outdoor movies.

It is not really in our strategy to offer direct spline controls since it does not fit well in our philosophy of a really simple interface that does its goal really well. Maybe with some cutting of the movie afterwards you can create an effect similar to what you are trying to achieve.

We will of course keep trying to improve the smoothness of the camera preferably in an automatic way. Of an overhauser spline would work better is not for me to answer.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 11:34:51 am »
August 31, 2011, 11:34:51 am
It's not really the same as normal splines because we have a special algorithm which generates a the camera path. This algorithm is does use splines internally (monotone catmull-rom) but you can't think of them as traditional splines because they are used in a different way.

It is possible to create smooth motions but in some cases we see there is a little glitch in the motion. Sometimes this is caused by collision with the landscape (Lumion always keeps the camera above the landscape) and sometimes this is caused by a discontinuous motion.

I noticed that the current algorithm works perfectly for continuous animations where the motion of the camera is more or less in the same direction but you can get some non-smoothness when the camera goes back and fort. This is caused by the underlying algorithm and I expect we should be able to improve this behavior in the future. In the example movie you go left and then right which causes a bit of a glitch.

Jacobs Architekten

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 03:04:13 pm »
August 31, 2011, 03:04:13 pm
Well... what can I say... You have to look very close to see the "bumping" and only if you know when and where you'll notice it... in my opinion it's hardly noticable...

Nice use of Lumion by the way.

Greetz!
J-P.

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 11:46:28 am »
September 01, 2011, 11:46:28 am
If you model the mountain yourself you can still use our textures on it by using the landscape material. This allows you to get the exact same mountain inside. You can still paint under your model on our flat landscape to paint different textures of the landscape texture set.

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 04:11:31 pm »
September 01, 2011, 04:11:31 pm
We already have some ideas to make the spline butter smooth so for 2.0 we could have a try and make sure the motion is more fluid.