Author Topic: Stained glass window  (Read 2138 times)

eschweinhart

Stained glass window
« on: January 07, 2015, 05:39:46 pm »
January 07, 2015, 05:39:46 pm
I am trying to use an image of a stained glass window to apply as a material.  I create a custom material and choose standard material.  I then choose color map and select image (jpg) of stained glass.  The image imports but it seems to default to fit into a square tile pattern.  I need to image to import with the original pixel ratio (about 1 wide :3 tall).  Is there a way to apply this image and retain it's original pixel ratio or adjust the height and width of the image independently once in Lumion?

Re: Stained glass window
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 02:16:29 am »
January 08, 2015, 02:16:29 am
Hi eschweinhart

Lumion only provides the Tile based texture mapping, that is the square/equally proportional basis.

You can sometimes get a 'loose' approximation to what's needed by changing the Scale (only proportional so does not always suit need  :( ).   Then adjusting the Position with the X, Y and Z Offset sliders (***More button in Material Editor for Standard Material).  You might need to use the Shift key to fine tune the Scale, and positions also.

Alternatively, the image needs to be mapped in the 3D modelling application, so that it has the correct UV properties when exported match the image scaling needed.

One aside question; do you require the Stained Glass Window to have some transparency, or is Opaque OK?

eschweinhart

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 06:31:44 pm »
January 08, 2015, 06:31:44 pm
Thanks peterm!

The glass can be opaque if necessary.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 09:48:05 pm »
January 08, 2015, 09:48:05 pm
OK, that makes it easier.   :)

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 09:36:19 am »
January 09, 2015, 09:36:19 am
(Please bear in mind that if you want to use the Glass material you should assign the texture to the model before importing it in Lumion)
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.