November 11, 2013, 08:01:17 am
Thank you for your interest in Lumion.
It is quite easy to learn, by just exploring the Example scenes that are provided, and also clicking on and playing/experimenting with the different tools available.
Please, I'm an architect and I only just beginning to touch the 3d modeling software. right now I get to modelize a little but with Sketchup renderings they advised me Lumion. suddenly I downloaded (version 3) but no idea ps I do not know at all how to use it, the worst is that I find no library no textures no light, nothing like what they m 'have do believe ... Frustrated I guess I'm probably the wrong moves. help me please give me the basic principle of operation mainly materials .. thank you pr your help.
To assist in the forum could you please use Google or other translator as well in your posts.
Please also refer to the following which are useful when starting off learning Lumion:
1. LUMION 3: Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts
2. Video Tutorials
(see link also top of browser page.
1. assign materials mostly in SketchUp, they then get imported
2. all surfaces using the same material ID in SkUp, will be combined in to a single surface so it only needs one material
3. use Lumion to adjust the materials for things like brightness.
4. special surfaces such as windows need to be set as a Glass Material
Example scenes to look at include:
1. the Material scene - this shows different types and their settings
2. the Villa scene - when you click the Materials button in Import Object you can see the different materials applied to the building.
Also, please use the Search tool of the forum. Unlicensed users get access to the general section, but it has lots of topics and replies about such things as materials.
Please feel free to ask further questions.