Author Topic: Shadows  (Read 1403 times)

dmedraft

Shadows
« on: July 19, 2015, 06:04:12 am »
July 19, 2015, 06:04:12 am
Is there a way to change the shadow intensity?
My shadows are very dark and tend to hide detail such as shutters and door under a porch or
crown molding under the eaves. In the real world detail is still visible even when in a shadow.

thanks,
Dean

Re: Shadows
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 06:14:37 am »
July 19, 2015, 06:14:37 am
Hi Dean

Add a Shadow Effect and adjust the Brightness, perhaps tweak Coloring, and from the sound of your description also the Soft Shadow Settings.

When you first add a Shadow Effect the settings are the default settings - they are the ones used if a Shadow Effect is not added.

dmedraft

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 01:13:18 pm »
July 19, 2015, 01:13:18 pm
Thanks,
I really appreciate all your help and quick responses.
I have another issue I can't get a handle on.
That is advanced move. I just can't seem to get it figured out.
I am trying to get a car to back out of a parking space and then
go forward. I finally did get it to look pretty good but it is in the
wrong place in time. How do I get it to the right moment in time?
I can't seem to be able to move the key frames once they are set.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 01:28:43 pm »
July 19, 2015, 01:28:43 pm
Hi Dean

It's not possible to move keyframes, so you have to delete the key (Bin icon) and re-set the key at a different time.

In some cases, it's easier to work with the Advanced Move Effect in smaller animations by using two or more clips.  It's like compositing or making images with a number of layers.  Break the animation down in to parts, and have smaller clips timed so that the render, and what the user sees, still looks like the same overall animation.  Just passing as a comment here for consideration, not suggesting it's something needed for your animation  ;).