Author Topic: Problems when Using Lumion  (Read 1206 times)

kevintao

Problems when Using Lumion
« on: December 05, 2012, 07:08:16 am »
December 05, 2012, 07:08:16 am
Hi,

I have THREE question as below:

1. I couldn't achieve the effects of wavy terrain during the operation of rooftop garden. Could you provide solution for this?

2. Regarding the space-limit of Lumion, Lumion has certain range of space limit. Currently our company has an 800 thousand square-meter project. Have you got any solution for this?

3. We can't integrate two documents of Lumion as one. In order to save time and human resource, we allot the work of different district to different person, such as separation of the plant layout and scene layout according to districts. We can't integrate Lumion documents from different districts as one when we are operating Lumion. Lumion only allows this kind of operation within one document.

Looking forward to your answer
Kevin

Re: Problems when Using Lumion
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 01:31:39 pm »
December 05, 2012, 01:31:39 pm
1. I couldn't achieve the effects of wavy terrain during the operation of rooftop garden. Could you provide solution for this?
Hi kevintao, you can import a custom heightmap where the roof top area is set to the base height of the garden. Please read the section called 'Terrains in Lumion' in the following thread to figure out how to create custom heightmaps:
http://lumion3d.com/forum/f-a-q/lumion-2-tips-tricks-and-shortcuts/

You may find that it's hard to get the edges of the terrain to be vertical enough along the walls - this is a known limitation in Lumion. It's similar to the problem of lowering the terrain along the edges of swimming pools.

2. Regarding the space-limit of Lumion, Lumion has certain range of space limit. Currently our company has an 800 thousand square-meter project. Have you got any solution for this?
If the 800,000m2 consist of a square area it's actually only 0.8km2 which is well within the native Lumion terrain area (2048x2048 meters).

Alternatively, you can import external terrains from your 3D modelling application. These models can be bigger than the 2048x2048 area. Just bear in mind that if you apply a Landscape material to such an imported terrain model in order to paint it, you can only paint it inside the 2048x2048 area.

TIP: Turn on the 'i' option in the Settings menu if you want to see where the centre of the 2048x2048 terrain area is.

3. We can't integrate two documents of Lumion as one. In order to save time and human resource, we allot the work of different district to different person, such as separation of the plant layout and scene layout according to districts. We can't integrate Lumion documents from different districts as one when we are operating Lumion. Lumion only allows this kind of operation within one document.
Thanks for your +1 for a Merge scene function (this has been suggested before).
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.