January 26, 2012, 11:42:30 am
1) First you need to identify the 2048x2048m where the terrain can be modified. I assume that you have used a sample scene with a flat terrain to start with.
2) Then load a random texture with the Load terrain map function, so that the terrain is displaced (see the screenshot below). Now you know where to move your models to.
3) Click on the Undo button to revert to the flat terrain.
4) Select the Tree category, and use (CTRL) + Rectangular selection to select all trees & plants in your scene.
5) Select the next object category (eg, Transport), and use (CTRL) + (SHIFT) + Rectangular selection to add those objects to your selection.
6) Repeat this procedure with the other object categories, including the Import category.
7) Press (Shift) while moving the entire selection to the editable part of the terrain. (Shift) prevents the models from changing height while you move them.