Author Topic: Nvidia news: Full desktop GTX 980 graphics cards in 6 new laptop PCs!  (Read 1052 times)

September 22, 2015, 05:07:13 pm
Nvidia news: Full desktop GTX 980 graphics cards in 6 new laptop PCs!

The downside is that the new desktop-style GTX 980 cards for notebooks only ship with 4GB memory, but if the price, noise and weight are acceptable, there would be less reason to buy desktop PCs for Lumion in the future :)

More details here:
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/introducing-the-geforce-gtx-980-notebooks

IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Zdenek Fajfrlik

Re: Nvidia news: Full desktop GTX 980 graphics cards in 6 new laptop PCs!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 09:43:05 pm »
September 22, 2015, 09:43:05 pm
hi morten,
good news, thanx for this onfo. just thinking of buying a laptop for mobile presentations.4 gb is near to my desktop.
are the gram values in the table swaped ?
regards stan

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 12:24:58 am »
September 23, 2015, 12:24:58 am
Hi

Morten 4GB or more?

I couldn't find much other info other than same news item on different sites, and none mention VRAM.  Except for this one: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/09/nvidia-crams-desktop-gtx-980-gpu-into-monster-17-inch-notebooks/ which mentions 8GB.

The official NVIDIA specification do not mention standard memory configuration, which usually means they leave it open to the OEM to supply on a product basis, especially where notebooks are concerned.

Now if they just out a Titan X in a laptop/notebook, then the world would be happy  :-o  :D :-D

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 08:44:26 am »
September 23, 2015, 08:44:26 am
Hi Peter, here's a link to the source (use Google Translate).

I guess we'll have to wait for an official statement from Nvidia once the dust has settled.

8GB would help a lot! :)
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.