This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: New Boxx 4150 Xtreme PC + Lumion 4.5 = Me very Happy!  (Read 1833 times)

[email protected]

New Boxx 4150 Xtreme PC + Lumion 4.5 = Me very Happy!
« on: May 10, 2014, 10:28:10 pm »
May 10, 2014, 10:28:10 pm
Just wanted to give an update on a spontaneous crash I was having while rending in Lumion.  That thread can be found here ( http://forum.lumion3d.com/general-discussion/computer-restartcrash-when-rendering/ )

So..after trying multiple trouble shooting ideas with EVGA, Lumion and Dell.  The PSU in the Dell workstation is not upgradeable...so I needed a new machine.

So, I took the Titan Black out and ordered myself a new workstation from Boxx Technologies.

New System is a Boxx 4150 Xtreme Liquid Cooled System:
i7 Quad Core Enhanced Performance 4.3 Ghz (Overclocked)
32 GB DDR3 1600 (4DIMMS) RAM
480 SSD SATA 6Gb/s 730 Extreme Performance (Overclocked)
Titan Black

I have to say I am blown away at the speed of this system.

No lag, I can build a scene with tons of geometry with all of the build settings set high and Lumion runs flawlessly.

Render times are blazing fast for photos.

Render times for a 1080, 30fps is 2.34 secs/frame.

My benchmark is maxed out for everything but CPU which is just 5 bars from being maxed out.

My System Speed is 23040.

I just want to say thanks to the Lumion support team for help during my frustrations.

Re: New Boxx 4150 Xtreme PC + Lumion 4.5 = Me very Happy!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 03:45:42 am »
May 11, 2014, 03:45:42 am
 :o   :o   :-D 

Thanks [email protected]  :).

Do you have the specific i7 model name, or alternatively post a screen capture of the Benchmark, and I will add to Benchmarks.

Also, what is the PSU now?

For general info; CPU's and motherboards that support the bus architecture of the Titan certainly help to add a little extra buzz  to the Titan's ability.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

deh

Re: New Boxx 4150 Xtreme PC + Lumion 4.5 = Me very Happy!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 01:16:13 am »
June 14, 2014, 01:16:13 am
Do you Revit as we'll with this computer?