Author Topic: moving objects  (Read 967 times)

dmedraft

moving objects
« on: July 17, 2015, 04:51:08 am »
July 17, 2015, 04:51:08 am
I'm trying to get and airplane to fly across the sky. When I try to move it it keeps wanting to
snap to objects on the ground. Is there a way to take this snap off or a way to enter a specific height
off the ground?

Re: moving objects
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 05:19:21 am »
July 17, 2015, 05:19:21 am
Hi dmedraft

Use the Shift key to constrain the height of the object:  refer Other Keys: LUMION 5: Keyboard shortcuts

(SHIFT) + Move selected object(s): Press shift while dragging selected objects to move them horizontally with snapping turned off.

dmedraft

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 09:27:25 pm »
July 18, 2015, 09:27:25 pm
That works great except I'm trying to move the object vertically. When I use the vertical move tool it moves painfully slow. I have found a work around though until I figure it out. I just placed two tall cubes in the model and
placed the plane on one of them and then moved it to the other. I then make the cubes invisible.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 02:06:28 am »
July 19, 2015, 02:06:28 am
Hi

Ah hah, of course.

. When I use the vertical move tool it moves painfully slow. ..

It is set for slow height movement so there is reasonable accuracy when using the mouse to move.  You can keep the mouse button pressed and continually drag and push the mouse for upward and down movement, which helps.

Good workaround  :).  With the Move Tool, the object will snap to another objects surface when dragged over.  This includes using Move in the Advanced Move Effect.  Some of the other Transform and Context Menu tools available in Build Mode are not available in the Advanced Move Effect. Some of those have been suggested by other users in the wishlists.