July 15, 2011, 04:07:35 pm
I have a few questions in regards to the various video effects and there usage in the new service pack 2. I was hoping someone could shine some light on them.
1) Animate Clouds. First off, let me just say I love the idea of having the ability to key frame the clouds in your scene and have them move, however the only value you can key frame in the effect is the cloud amount? Why isn't there key framing for the "cloud control" or "cloud speed"?
2) Animate Sun. This is more of a general lumion question, but after using the movie editor, I have become a bit confused in regards to the idea of only having certain effects carry over from clip to clip. Why is it that having the animated clouds and sun in your first clip effects every other one? When many other effects dont follow the same principle?
3) Move Items. Why is it, that when you create a path for your items (specifically people) it doesn't carry over between clips? This becomes extremely frustrating having to re asign similar paths to your characters for each and every clip.
4) Overlay Image. Why is it, that you dont have the ability to key frame overlay image effect? I can understand if there were key framing options for the opacity but without it isn't the effect basically useless?
5) Lastly, there are many effects in the color effects pannel that I still cant understand why they would ever be used. I personally have been working in video, motion graphics and 3d for sometime now and I cant understand why anyone would use the following: Sobel, bleach, bloom, pencil, median and charcoal. They never look good! If you want to ruin a beautifully rendered lumion scene, just add one of the effects above.
All joking aside, I must say that all in all Lumion Sp2 is quite amazing. Being able to fly around, extrude the land and change the sky on the fly is spectacular. I applaud everyone involved, from those who created this program to those who fix the bugs on a day to day basis. But really guys, one fully animated cat? Lets get serious here. I'd like to see one fully animated dog next time.