Author Topic: Lumion Demo  (Read 523 times)

[email protected]

Lumion Demo
« on: March 23, 2016, 09:39:14 pm »
March 23, 2016, 09:39:14 pm
I am trying to figure out how to get my computer to run this program properly. I have attached the diagnostics and apparently my computer is not "good enough".

My comp is pretty effective in running design software, so I am confused as to what kind of computer one would need to run this program??

Do I need to buy a new graphics card? Or anything else to make this work on my comp?

Also, I have not been able to even use my demo. Is there any way for me to get the longevity of the demo lengthened so I can figure out if I will be able to get it to work on my computer, and then buy it?

Re: Lumion Demo
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 10:45:09 pm »
March 23, 2016, 10:45:09 pm
Hi [email protected]

Thanks for your interest in Lumion.

The Benchmark Report shows the PC has an i7-4810MQ CPU.  As I understand, that's a CPU for laptops.  Lumion requires use of a dedicated GPU.

Laptops can have both an integrated GPU - usually Intel such as an Intel HD 4600, and a dedicated GPU (NVIDIA or AMD/ATI).  Does your laptop have a dedicated GPU?

If so then please see LUMION 5: Read this if you are using a laptop PC.

Some laptops are capable of running Lumion, however the specifications and especially the GPU tend to be lower performance as compared to desktop PC's.  Design software generally uses the capabilities of the CPU, Lumion uses the GPU for a lot of it's work.

For computer specifications see:
1. LUMION 6: System requirements.

2.  Passmark: Videocard Benchmarks.

and also:
Web site Guide: Hardware for Lumion.  This one also includes some comments on portables/laptops.

There are two 'trial' based versions:

1) Lumion Demo 5.3:  A Demo version (available from the link in 'Try' menu above this forum), which is Save Disabled and without MyLumion functionality, but there's no time limit.

This is the version you show as currently in use in the screencapture.

2) Lumion Pro (current version) 7-day Trial: A fully functional 7-day Trial version of Lumion Pro 6.0.1 with the full material and model libraries, available via resellers (generally for those interested in evaluating for purchase decisions).