This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: Lumion 4 Educational "Rotation-Problem" - Solved!  (Read 1601 times)

Oxensepp

Lumion 4 Educational "Rotation-Problem" - Solved!
« on: February 08, 2014, 04:24:19 pm »
February 08, 2014, 04:24:19 pm
Hi,
I'm a new and inexprienced user of Lumion. I can not get across a start problem with this software (Version 4.0.3 - with 4.0.2 it was the same):

A scenery is constantly rotating around a certain point in the sky (I guess: The middle). I can not stop it or change the view permanently (right mouse button). As soon as I let go the button the constant rotation continues. What am I doing wrong?

My hardware is fine (i7 980X, 24GB, nVidia GTX 680 4 GB, Win 7 64bit).

Thanks for your help!

EDIT:

The reason was an USB-control (Rudder-Pedals) for my flight sim. After disconnection Lumion works now without spinning around like mad.

I think it would be helpful to leave a word about this issue in the installing instructions.... :-\

Best regards

Stephan (Germany)

Re: Lumion 4 Educational "Rotation-Problem" - Solved!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 10:39:48 pm »
February 08, 2014, 10:39:48 pm
Hi

Good to hear you have resolved the issue.

The USB-control (Rudder-Pedals) for a flight sim causing this type of issue is new, but sounds similar to some other navigational devices affecting the recognised mouse input.  Given it is now on the forum there's a log for it, thanks.

Please also check that the Setting for Tablet Input is turned Off.

IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Oxensepp

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 10:20:30 pm »
February 10, 2014, 10:20:30 pm
Hi

setting for tablet input was off.

I guess any USB input device (besides mouse and keyboard) may cause problems.

There are no installation instructions for Lumion, as far as I see.

I repeat that Lumion should mention a few words about it.

I have four monitors (one is a touch screen), a fairly powerful computer and some sophisticated software, such as Adobe CS6, AutoCAD, etc. If I have to pull some plugs for a software, it would be nice to figure it out - not only through my own trial and error!

You can not imagine how many hours I spent with this problem!

Best regards

Stephan Mette

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 12:32:30 am »
February 11, 2014, 12:32:30 am
Thanks for the further feedback, understood.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.