This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: Lumion 3.0 upgrade prices and discounts  (Read 45455 times)

Brian Hengelsberg

Re: Lumion 3.0 upgrade prices and discounts
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2012, 07:43:32 pm »
October 31, 2012, 07:43:32 pm
@ 3D Bard...i agree 100%.  They probably would have been better off just saying early bird release of the next version is X cost, and never give an update.  You ether believe in the software, and want to have the latest and greatest updates...or you don't. 

So many criticisms of the update blog, the pace in which update posts were released, and this and that favorite wanted feature not shown.  In all honesty, i hated even reading the posts in this section of the forum as it seemed like it was never enough.  I have never been disappointed in an update/ upgrade, as new functionality has grown so quickly.  I do not personally think that Act3d would raise the price of the software update, and not deliver.  I pay for my licence personally as an individual...so i know shelling out the cash hurts.  But the software makes me money...really all that matters.

thecravatman

« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2012, 08:10:32 pm »
October 31, 2012, 08:10:32 pm
My view on the early bird option is that if you intend to stick with Lumion for a number of versions you might as well take the discount Act offer for your loyalty.

If you want to move over to something else be grateful that Act let you sell your license without the fuss of some major players.

It has been said many times but Act will not promote features that may not make it to the final version, how pissed off would you be if you were sold an upgrade on features that didn't appear.

I'm looking forward to the release in November and feel I have got a bargain too.

Aliki_N

« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2012, 08:16:04 pm »
October 31, 2012, 08:16:04 pm
While I feel your distress, I come to a different conclusion. The fact that Lumion is being offered at all at an early bird price point is going above and beyond what they need to do for their loyal customers. Do you receive a discounted price for buying Windows 8 early? The reality is these guys (and gals?) are in business and need to be paid for their efforts in creating this software. In just about every other product out there you'd pay full price the day it comes out with no option for an early purchase discount. If you are willing and able to put your money up without having all of the information you may get a better deal, if not then you can still buy it at the regular price just as you would if you wanted to upgrade to a new OS or a new car or any other product. I am grateful for the opportunity to purchase this software early, I may not be after it comes out if it doesn't live up to my desires but, understanding the rules as they have been laid out for all to play by, I am glad to have a choice. I worry that they won't give us the choice to buy at an early bird discount in the future because of all the hassle. Do you like having a choice? (rhetorical)
I think the real issue here is the high cost of the upgrade price. Granted the guys and gals need to be paid for their efforts, but most people will probably have appreciated a full disclosure of what the new features are for lumion 3.0. The upgrade price alone from ultimate to L3.0 pro can actually buy you a full application of Cinema 4D with some change left.http://3d-animation-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Aliki_N

« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2012, 08:27:44 pm »
October 31, 2012, 08:27:44 pm
My view on the early bird option is that if you intend to stick with Lumion for a number of versions you might as well take the discount Act offer for your loyalty.

If you want to move over to something else be grateful that Act let you sell your license without the fuss of some major players.

It has been said many times but Act will not promote features that may not make it to the final version, how pissed off would you be if you were sold an upgrade on features that didn't appear.

I'm looking forward to the release in November and feel I have got a bargain too.

With all due respect, I am not asking act 3d to provide features that will not make into L3.0, all I am saying is that it would have been beneficial to customers if the list of the undisclosed features that will be given tomorrow, after the early bird, were given before. We all would like to save some cash.

Michael Betke

« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2012, 08:36:30 pm »
October 31, 2012, 08:36:30 pm
Well for people who can read and click their customer area they will see a screenshot what all is new.

One of the things is:

NEW Accurate reflections

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences
Interactive 3D Visualizations for Architects, Serious Games and Simulation Developers
Twitter | 3D Model Shop

Ecuadorian

« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2012, 08:42:44 pm »
October 31, 2012, 08:42:44 pm
Thanks for pointing that out. Good to know that reflections made the cut.
I wonder what they mean by "accurate reflections"... Will they be just for planar surfaces? That would be enough for most projects, but still... one can always dream with full-blown raytraced reflections in the style of the serenity engine.  :-9

BTW, I wonder why I got the "buy now" button even though I already purchased the upgrade.  ???

Michael Betke

« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2012, 08:49:56 pm »
October 31, 2012, 08:49:56 pm
I was a bit shocked as I just upgraded some mintes ago and the image doesnt show me the 699e discount. I clicked and on avengate i got it for early bird price.

I think this was last time I upgraded. They have to pull out a big rabbit next year and I don't have that much work for realtime at the moment. Adding two new GTX cards to my render cluster and cutting rendertimes more will have more benefit for me.

But all in all its a solid update for lumion 3. So i think its okay. :)
Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences
Interactive 3D Visualizations for Architects, Serious Games and Simulation Developers
Twitter | 3D Model Shop

Ecuadorian

« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2012, 09:21:10 pm »
October 31, 2012, 09:21:10 pm
I think this was last time I upgraded. They have to pull out a big rabbit next year

I'm sure they will find ways to amaze us again with the Spring Update in may 2013 and with Lumion 4.0 in November 2013. The wishlist is still long, and Lumion is still very young. And a complete overhaul to DirectX 11 (or maybe 12) is long overdue.

Aliki_N

« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2012, 09:22:11 pm »
October 31, 2012, 09:22:11 pm
Where did you get information about reflections!? :-9
My customer area does not display this information.

Ecuadorian

« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2012, 09:23:42 pm »
October 31, 2012, 09:23:42 pm
In my customer area. I guess they still have to add it to the "upgrade from Ultimate 2 to Pro 3" button.

thecravatman

« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2012, 10:03:28 pm »
October 31, 2012, 10:03:28 pm
With all due respect, I am not asking act 3d to provide features that will not make into L3.0, all I am saying is that it would have been beneficial to customers if the list of the undisclosed features that will be given tomorrow, after the early bird, were given before. We all would like to save some cash.

Ditto re respect, surely if they waited until all the features were revealed then it would be the upgrade offer not the early bird offer.
Anyway three hours and its all in the past.

It is a lot of money especially when compared to Sketchup renderers, but it is best of breed. I wonder if it will command such a premium this time next year.

I keep asking for a subscription option, ideally payable monthly. That's how I would prefer to pay.

Proso

« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2012, 08:36:50 am »
November 01, 2012, 08:36:50 am
Hello,

I have Lumion 2 Ultimate. I can upgrade to Lumion 3 pro, but the upgrade price is almost as much as a brand new Lumion 3.
What's the upgrade price to Lumion 3?

« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2012, 10:19:44 am »
November 01, 2012, 10:19:44 am
I have Lumion 2 Ultimate. I can upgrade to Lumion 3 pro, but the upgrade price is almost as much as a brand new Lumion 3.
What's the upgrade price to Lumion 3?

Hi Prose, in an earlier post, Arthur said that it is not possible to "downgrade" from Lumion Ultimate 2 to Lumion 3.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Proso

« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2012, 11:20:56 am »
November 01, 2012, 11:20:56 am
Hi Prose, in an earlier post, Arthur said that it is not possible to "downgrade" from Lumion Ultimate 2 to Lumion 3.

Thats a pitty. If I knew that when I bought lumion 2 ultimate... unfortunately our road has to separate here.

Aliki_N

« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2012, 01:24:02 pm »
November 01, 2012, 01:24:02 pm
Thats a pitty. If I knew that when I bought lumion 2 ultimate... unfortunately our road has to separate here.
Hi Proso, I am faced with the same problem. Apparently lumion does not have a "down grade price". The best alternative is to buy a new license at 399 euros, which is the cost of lumion 3.0 basic. See page http://lumion3d.com/upgrade. What we don't know at the moment is the content of lumion 3.0 basic.

If you quit now, what options are there on the market that can deliver reasonable quality animations within the shortest possible time with lots and lots of plants? The answer is none that I know of. My advice is don't quit yet.
PS/
My apology Proso, the cost of lumion basic is not 399 euros. That is the price for current lumion 2.0 basic holders. We need more clarity on this issue. A lumion 2.0 holder has better options of easing into lumion 3.0 than anyone holding higher licences. This doesn't make sense, we should be given options to downgrade. |:( |:( |:( |:(