Author Topic: lock up at "benchmark" first run of 3.1 free  (Read 26417 times)

jon2

Re: lock up at "benchmark" first run of 3.1 free
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2013, 11:32:11 pm »
April 24, 2013, 11:32:11 pm
Thank you!   I tried the most recent hotfix and it did work for me to get past the benchmark and into Lumion to try it!   Using 3.1.1 free atm.   (I still have the quadro 4000 card ;(working on that)

Experience so far: 
Fired up Lumion, starts benchmark, goes through first two passes fine and then immediately jumps into the program.  It loads the scene window. Showing system speed at 6300 at bottom of window.  Was able to load a blank scene.  Can load the demo scenes. (only two demo scenes atm)   Loaded the house next to the lake demo.  Amazing.

Everything seemed to be working fine.  Adding objects and getting to context menus seemed easier.   I noticed my graphics card was struggling a bit but not bad, just little sluggish moving around.  Build mode was showing 15 fps average.

Then I tried to raise the ground terrain, chose brush and noticed that at the smallest size brush settings I was getting a very large circle brush and could not make it smaller.  I actually think it was raising a portion of terrian larger than the large brush marque was showing, also seemed quite a bit to the right of the brush circle.   I'm hoping this is just a quadro card and driver issue.  Will test on different machine/card to make sure.

Bravo.  Thanks for getting me/us in the door of this great updated version.  Time for me to go sell it now.

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2013, 02:52:30 am »
April 25, 2013, 02:52:30 am
Thanks jon2 for your feedback.  It's good to hear you are able to run OK (within limitations) on the Quadro.

As always, please keep in mind the minimum and recommended specifications now for Lumion 3.  LUMION 3: Minimum hardware requirements

Wishing you success.  :)
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2013, 12:00:01 pm »
April 25, 2013, 12:00:01 pm
Then I tried to raise the ground terrain, chose brush and noticed that at the smallest size brush settings I was getting a very large circle brush and could not make it smaller.

Hi jon2, this is a known limitation in Lumion:

The minimum brush size is currently 4m.
The terrain grid density is currently 2m.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

jon2

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2013, 03:52:31 pm »
April 25, 2013, 03:52:31 pm

As always, please keep in mind the minimum and recommended specifications now for Lumion 3.  LUMION 3: Minimum hardware requirements

Wishing you success.  :)

There is that small system speed meter listing 6300 at the bottom of the load scene screen.  Is this meter a good indication of good or bad system for using Lumion 3?  And is 6300 decent or bad?  It seems to be mid way along the meter.

jon2

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2013, 03:56:59 pm »
April 25, 2013, 03:56:59 pm
Hi jon2, this is a known limitation in Lumion:

The minimum brush size is currently 4m.
The terrain grid density is currently 2m.

So is this limitation new for Lumion 3?   I swear I was able to make much smaller brush sizes in 2.5 and the portion of terrain modified was much more accurate to where the brush marque was before. That's why I felt I must have been having an issue with the card not recognizing space correctly or something.  I was trying that on the demo scene.  I'll try a fresh scene and see if it holds. Can't remember, is there a "show grid" option. I'll look for one.  Thanks.

edit:   tried new fresh scene, imported model and brush seems accurate.  Not sure what was going on in demo scene. 

Looking at GTX cards now

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2013, 04:38:53 pm »
April 25, 2013, 04:38:53 pm
So is this limitation new for Lumion 3?   I swear I was able to make much smaller brush sizes in 2.5 and the portion of terrain modified was much more accurate to where the brush marque was before.

Hi jon2, the minimum brush size (4m) and the grid density (2m) are identical in Lumion 2 and 3.

Lennartsa

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2013, 04:46:35 pm »
June 20, 2013, 04:46:35 pm
New benchmark fix.  This should now allow the benchmark to proceed on first use (notably for Lumion Free v3.1.1) but also includes an escape out of the benchmark test (Escape key).

If you have not had issues with the Benchmark locking up, there should be no need to use this hotfix.

These files (if not showing any further issues) will be rolled in to the next update of 3.1.2.

1.  Replace the Benchmark.cgr file in your install folder:

C:\Program Files\Lumion Free 3.1.1\ArchitectEdition\Classes\Benchmark\

or C:\Program Files\Lumion 3.1.1\ArchitectEdition\Classes\Benchmark\

2. Replace the HomeMode.cgr file in your install folder:

C:\Program Files\Lumion Free 3.1.1\ArchitectEdition\Classes\HomeMode\

or C:\Program Files\Lumion 3.1.1\ArchitectEdition\Classes\HomeMode\

NOTE: please ensure to OVERWRITE the existing file for each.

It would be greatly appreciated if some of you who have had the lockup can apply this hotfix and report how things went. 

Our apologies and thanks for your patience.

Thanks, I was having the same issue on my new machine optimized for Lumion, and this fix finally worked.

Lumion 3.1.1; Windows 8 Pro; 500 GB drive; 16 GB RAM; ASUS TITAN Graphics Card; .

I was also getting the DwgReader.dll warning message at the beginning, but I guess that will be resolved with 3.2.

Thanks again,   

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2013, 05:42:53 pm »
June 20, 2013, 05:42:53 pm
Hi Lennartsa, the problem you're referring to was fixed a long time ago in 3.1.2, so if possible, please consider upgrading to the latest version, i.e. 3.2.

Click here to read about the latest changes.

osniramos

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2013, 09:52:21 pm »
August 05, 2013, 09:52:21 pm
Hello,
I'm having a problem to start the Lumion Free 3.2.1, they get sutck in "Benchmark in Progress".
How can I fix this?!

I have a Sony Vaio IntelCore i7
6GB 750GB
1G dedicated memory
NVIDIA board video

Waiting for a reply.
Thanks

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 02:36:26 am »
August 06, 2013, 02:36:26 am
Hi

You can press Esc key to escape out of the Benchmark running.  However as it gets locked at moment it would probably indicate your GPU maybe below minimum specifications.

What is the NVIDIA GPU on the laptop?

Please also refer to:
LUMION 3: Minimum hardware requirements

Lumion Web Site: Specifications

Passmark: Videocard Benchmarks

Also, check that the laptop is not running the onboard Intel graphics, use the NVIDIA control panel to assign Lumion to the dedicated GPU.

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2014, 01:41:15 am »
July 04, 2014, 01:41:15 am
bob

split your post new topic: lock up at benchmark, as presume you are not using the v3.2.1 Free version.  :)