Author Topic: lock up at "benchmark" first run of 3.1 free  (Read 26362 times)

Re: lock up at "benchmark" first run of 3.1 free
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 01:25:46 am »
April 09, 2013, 01:25:46 am
OK, thanks, looks like back to drawing board to find a fix.  |:(

There is an update to the Free version when Lumion v3.1.1 was released last Saturday.
Can you please check that you have the latest version, if not please download and test with the new one Lumion Free.  Thanks.

We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Ferry

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 10:12:58 am »
April 09, 2013, 10:12:58 am
Edit: peterm: please hold off; we are in middle of sorting some issues on this, back soon  ::)

Here is a hotfix that always skips the benchmark. Replace this file in your install folder.

C:\Program Files\Lumion Free 3.1.1\ArchitectEdition\Classes\Benchmark\

or

C:\Program Files\Lumion 3.1.1\ArchitectEdition\Classes\Benchmark

Also Lumion 3.1.1 free has the old benchmark file.

We will look into this issue for 3.1.2

Thank you for your patience.

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 12:50:23 pm »
April 09, 2013, 12:50:23 pm
New benchmark fix.  This should now allow the benchmark to proceed on first use (notably for Lumion Free v3.1.1) but also includes an escape out of the benchmark test (Escape key).

If you have not had issues with the Benchmark locking up, there should be no need to use this hotfix.

These files (if not showing any further issues) will be rolled in to the next update of 3.1.2.

1.  Replace the Benchmark.cgr file in your install folder:

or C:\Program Files\Lumion 3.1.1\ArchitectEdition\Classes\Benchmark\

2. Replace the HomeMode.cgr file in your install folder:

C:\Program Files\Lumion Free 3.1.1\ArchitectEdition\Classes\HomeMode\

or C:\Program Files\Lumion 3.1.1\ArchitectEdition\Classes\HomeMode\

NOTE: please ensure to OVERWRITE the existing file for each.

It would be greatly appreciated if some of you who have had the lockup can apply this hotfix and report how things went. 

Our apologies and thanks for your patience.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

oscarlopez

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 01:48:01 pm »
April 09, 2013, 01:48:01 pm

It would be greatly appreciated if some of you who have had the lockup can apply this hotfix and report how things went.  

It allows me to run Lumion 3.1.1 but after a manual benchmark test it displays a warning:
Very slow graphics card detected.
I have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 680M 4Gb and I've set Lumion.exe  to run with the High-performance NVIDIA processor under "manage 3D settings" driver option.

DjDahpani

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 02:16:13 pm »
April 09, 2013, 02:16:13 pm
Do still not work for me. Looking forward for a solution :)

i have a Intel core i7-3610QM CPU 3,3GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M 2GB
16GB DDR3

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 02:16:30 pm »
April 09, 2013, 02:16:30 pm
Thanks for report oscarlopez01.

Your 680M is by no means a slow card with Passmark of 4148, a really nice laptop card we would all love to have  :-9.

Can you capture the screen and attach the Benchmark screen to a post, thanks.

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 02:23:39 pm »
April 09, 2013, 02:23:39 pm
Do still not work for me. Looking forward for a solution :)

Thanks for report.

Can I check please that you are running Lumion Free v3.1.1 and not v3.1?

Also, did it still lock, or were you able to press Escape key for it to close out of Benchmarking and go to the Lumion Start screen?

DjDahpani

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 02:35:27 pm »
April 09, 2013, 02:35:27 pm
Yes it is lumion free 3.1.1.

I did still lock and i could not skip it by pressing the escape key :/

vidajul

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 04:06:05 pm »
April 09, 2013, 04:06:05 pm
I have downloaded the new free 3.1.1 version and I am able to get through the first benchmark fly through but on the second, I get this message "ERROR RENDERING DrawIndexedPrimitive." I am able to hit ESC and it continues the benchmark but this message appears three more times over the second pass and eventually on the third the screen locks down and I am unable to use ESC to continue the process.

I am running Lumion on the windows side of my mac in parallels. Is it my laptop? I'm have a mac book pro running 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i7, 8 GB of memory, and an AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB graphics card.

I am just trying to use this for my architecture presentations in school. If the free version won't work will the regular version work if I bought it?

sutcac

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 04:15:51 pm »
April 09, 2013, 04:15:51 pm
This most recent hot fix appears to have worked for me.  Thank you for your prompt attention to this.  I hope you can get it fixed for everyone.  Will report back if I have any more issues.

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 06:05:49 am »
April 10, 2013, 06:05:49 am
Yes it is lumion free 3.1.1.

I did still lock and i could not skip it by pressing the escape key :/

Hmmmm  >:(, the 660M just passes the minimum passmark requirements, but should still be OK.   Somewhere there's something different in some PC's as we think the initial cause has definitely been found and corrected for this issue.

Would it be possible to do the following:
1. Can you confirm that the folder Lumion 3 has been created in your My Documents folder C:\Users\your user name\Documents\, and if possible please provide a screencapture of the Lumion 3 folders contents.

2.  Then, run Free v3.1.1 again and press the F5 key during the benchmark test.

Many thanks.

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 06:08:37 am »
April 10, 2013, 06:08:37 am
This most recent hot fix appears to have worked for me.  Thank you for your prompt attention to this.  I hope you can get it fixed for everyone.  Will report back if I have any more issues.

Great, thanks for advising it got resolved for your PC  :) .

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 06:31:20 am »
April 10, 2013, 06:31:20 am
I have downloaded the new free 3.1.1 version and I am able to get through the first benchmark fly through but on the second, I get this message "ERROR RENDERING DrawIndexedPrimitive." I am able to hit ESC and it continues the benchmark but this message appears three more times over the second pass and eventually on the third the screen locks down and I am unable to use ESC to continue the process.

I am running Lumion on the windows side of my mac in parallels. Is it my laptop? I'm have a mac book pro running 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i7, 8 GB of memory, and an AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB graphics card.

I am just trying to use this for my architecture presentations in school. If the free version won't work will the regular version work if I bought it?

Thanks for the detailed feedback.

Are you running Bootcamp?

We do have users using Macs.  Looking at your hardware I would say its likely to be below minimum specs for v3.  I cant find specifically your card in Passmarks site but  it must be close to the HD 6700M or HD 6750 and both of those don't meet requirements, please see further: LUMION 3: Minimum hardware requirements

neofame

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2013, 10:12:36 am »
April 11, 2013, 10:12:36 am
New benchmark fix.  This should now allow the benchmark to proceed on first use (notably for Lumion Free v3.1.1) but also includes an escape out of the benchmark test (Escape key).

If you have not had issues with the Benchmark locking up, there should be no need to use this hotfix.

These files (if not showing any further issues) will be rolled in to the next update of 3.1.2.

1.  Replace the Benchmark.cgr file in your install folder:

or C:\Program Files\Lumion 3.1.1\ArchitectEdition\Classes\Benchmark\

2. Replace the HomeMode.cgr file in your install folder:

C:\Program Files\Lumion Free 3.1.1\ArchitectEdition\Classes\HomeMode\

or C:\Program Files\Lumion 3.1.1\ArchitectEdition\Classes\HomeMode\

NOTE: please ensure to OVERWRITE the existing file for each.

Hi,

I'm trying to run Lumion ver 3.1.1 on my new pc but it always crash whenever i try to open a sample file in lumion. I need to force shut down (On/OFF switch) my PC because i can't even move my mouse cursor or my keyboard.
Are these hotfixes meant for this issue? Please advise..thanks.. 
My PC specs ; Windows 7 pro 64 bits , i7 processor , 16GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro 4000 2GB with latest driver 305.93,

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2013, 12:02:43 pm »
April 11, 2013, 12:02:43 pm
If you have been able to click on the screen that shows the sample files (see attached), then it sounds like the Benchmark test has been completed.  Please let me know if that is so.

Have you been able to run any of the prior versions before 3.1.1 on that PC? Such as 3.1.0 or 3.0.2?

Can you please check if the folder Lumion 3 exists in your My Documents (C:\Users\your user name\Documents\Lumion 3).

If it does not, then please follow the hotfix.  

This hotfix however is specifically for the lockup of the Benchmark, and you may have other hardware issues associated with using the Quadro 4000, but we'll see.

Edit: please also see my reply your other topic PC freeze when turn on Lumion