This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: Linear Object Movement in Animation  (Read 1261 times)

Jsleight

Linear Object Movement in Animation
« on: May 21, 2014, 02:57:50 pm »
May 21, 2014, 02:57:50 pm
Hi, appologies if this is a basic question.
I am trying to move multiple objects along the same line of travel using the move effect in a movie. Is there any way to manually input the end location like with the xyz input in the build environment? Or alternatively confine moving to just the x (or y) direction?
I am working on the licenced education version, thanks.

Re: Linear Object Movement in Animation
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 02:46:54 am »
May 22, 2014, 02:46:54 am
Hi

There is no way to directly enter any transform values in Move or Advanced Move (has been requested by some users).

Moving to a constrained axis is also not available.

The 'best' way is to use some positioning markers (any object), lock that and then use that as a reference to positioning the object to Move.

Which version of the educational product are you using?

---

Note that you might not get the exact same timing for each object in Move, even if you get them travelling along the same line.  This is a developer decision for visualization to create variability on immediate animation of the object.  you can get exact or very close when use Advanced Move, but it's still a little bit of time getting things right  :-\.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Jsleight

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 03:31:14 am »
May 22, 2014, 03:31:14 am
Thanks for that! Can't remember what version, pretty sure it's 4.something, I'll have a look when I get to the labs.
So if I just place a locked object I should be able to drag my actual moving object to its exact location?
I don't think the timing should be too much of an issue

Thanks again

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 04:09:58 am »
May 22, 2014, 04:09:58 am
So if I just place a locked object I should be able to drag my actual moving object to its exact location?

Yes.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.