This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: limited area in lumion or proxy/collide objects ?  (Read 1604 times)

gonzohot

limited area in lumion or proxy/collide objects ?
« on: August 27, 2012, 12:21:10 pm »
August 27, 2012, 12:21:10 pm
Hi everybody !

I'm very pleased that lumion pro can now offer a way to "export" a complete scene to give it to a client and let him explore it inside lumion free (even if it's not again a completely independant exe file as I was expected).

I'm waiting confirmation for 2 commands that maybe will give me the oportunity to finally buy a Lumion license and work with it on commmercial projects.

For those projects i wanted to know if there's actually a way to limit the area where you can "explore" the scene in lumion ? I'm working on an interior scene and another exterior one but with a small area for the projet and "fake planes" to recreate the surround: It is very important for me that my clients won't access "behind the scene" because it break all the immersion feeling...
So I was wondering if i can enter some coordinates for example within you can explore but outside of this you can't go ?
Did you planed to introduce something like this in an early release and if not, can we expect a kind of proxy or collide objects like in classic videogame3Dengines ?

Thanx in advance for any help to do that !

stucki

Re: limited area in lumion or proxy/collide objects ?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 04:13:57 pm »
August 27, 2012, 04:13:57 pm
not sure if this helps ...

put all stuff you dont want your client to see on another layer and hide this layer.
i am not sure if it is possible for the client to make this layer visible again ....

team lumion has to answer on this ...

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 03:25:51 pm »
September 06, 2012, 03:25:51 pm
Hi gonzohot, Lumion doesn't support collision/physics, so it is not possible to confine the user inside a certain area. Thanks for your suggestion though.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

gonzohot

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 09:36:21 am »
September 07, 2012, 09:36:21 am
So I was wondering if i can enter some coordinates for example within you can explore but outside of this you can't go ?

Thanks for your response Morten !
Maybe a coordinates zone as I suggested can be implemented more easily ? Or a cube tool object to define coordinates area ?

Anyway if you can add this to the wishlist would be great...

Have a good day!

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 09:38:48 am »
September 07, 2012, 09:38:48 am
Yes, interesting ideas for sure - I think you're the first to suggest it, but it does make sense if you publish a project that the client needs to inspect on their own.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.