Author Topic: License in use  (Read 1234 times)

LucasMartinFrey

License in use
« on: October 15, 2014, 10:53:56 pm »
October 15, 2014, 10:53:56 pm
Hi Y'all,

I am having a problem. We have Lumion 4.5.1 installed on several of our pc's (win8) in the office.

Everything worked fine until today.

Although our license is not in use Lumion says it was. This is really annoying....
We made sure Lumion is not running....restarted pc's, etc.

Any idea how to fix it?
Help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Lucas

Re: License in use
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 12:04:27 am »
October 16, 2014, 12:04:27 am
Hi Lucas

The 'In Use' message for the license occurs if a license is not released when Lumion is closing down.  Although Lumion may not be running, it occurred when one of your PC's was being closed.  Generally that only happens if there is a crash, or a forced close is done.  Otherwise Lumion stays open with a message indicating cannot connect to license server to release that license.

Can you please send me your license key via email peterm [at] act-3d.com, so that I can arrange for a reset.

Also, please add your license key to your forum Account: (click here, scroll to the bottom and enter your license number).  This will give you access to the licensed users section which include a Board for installation and license issues.

ps: also emailed you

Re: License in use
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 01:21:06 am »
October 16, 2014, 01:21:06 am
Hi Lucas

License is reset.  It was in use on PC LIVINGRY.

Are you able to check with users of that PC if there was any issue around time of use, or close down of Lumion, and let us know, thanks.

ps:  there is an alternative method than support staff doing a reset for this situation.  That is to restart Lumion on the PC in question, then close down cleanly.  Running Lumion on another PC will report which one is in use.

This has the ability to clear the current 'in use' status.  Due to specific nature of why each license is in use, this is not a 100% method it will be cleared.

Otherwise we're here to do resets  :), which are not that many given out user base.