Author Topic: Learning languages​​​​, available for everyone.  (Read 886 times)

Gaieus

Re: Learning languages​​​​, available for everyone.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:15:31 pm »
January 16, 2013, 08:15:31 pm
You know, Nico, I started to learn English in 3rd grade (ehm... almost 40 years ago now) but when I really started to understand English syntax (sentence build) was when I also learned Latin (alas, only at university).

I believe I know English grammar better than 99% of native English speakers (I am a qualified translator and interpreter - even taught it at university for a while) but that Latin (and a pinch of Greek) was the real enlightment for me. Not to speak about the advantage that once in Spain or especially Italy for a couple of days, I can already understand a lot and after a week or so, I can even speak basic stuff. Then I of course forget but it comes back.
Gai...

Nico RVArq.com

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 09:15:51 pm »
January 16, 2013, 09:15:51 pm
then Gaieus, I have to envy you!
A week ago I find that the harder I hit my head against the wall, I concentrate more and can remember some vocabulary, now encouraging me with German. English is a hobby. |:( |:( |:(

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 12:32:43 am »
January 17, 2013, 12:32:43 am
... oh man ... this is SPAM ... !!
I don't think you are allowed to do this ....

???

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 11:10:52 am »
January 17, 2013, 11:10:52 am
Hi ArkitectJM, don't worry - Nicolás is not a spammer :)

The reason he is posting those links is to help other people who have to use Google Translate when reading/writing posts here in the forum. I personally think it's ok as long as the links may help Lumion users communicate with each other.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.