This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: Learning languages​​​​, available for everyone.  (Read 1138 times)

Gaieus

Re: Learning languages​​​​, available for everyone.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:15:31 pm »
January 16, 2013, 08:15:31 pm
You know, Nico, I started to learn English in 3rd grade (ehm... almost 40 years ago now) but when I really started to understand English syntax (sentence build) was when I also learned Latin (alas, only at university).

I believe I know English grammar better than 99% of native English speakers (I am a qualified translator and interpreter - even taught it at university for a while) but that Latin (and a pinch of Greek) was the real enlightment for me. Not to speak about the advantage that once in Spain or especially Italy for a couple of days, I can already understand a lot and after a week or so, I can even speak basic stuff. Then I of course forget but it comes back.
Gai...

Nico RVArq.com

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 09:15:51 pm »
January 16, 2013, 09:15:51 pm
then Gaieus, I have to envy you!
A week ago I find that the harder I hit my head against the wall, I concentrate more and can remember some vocabulary, now encouraging me with German. English is a hobby. |:( |:( |:(

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 12:32:43 am »
January 17, 2013, 12:32:43 am
... oh man ... this is SPAM ... !!
I don't think you are allowed to do this ....

???

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 11:10:52 am »
January 17, 2013, 11:10:52 am
Hi ArkitectJM, don't worry - Nicolás is not a spammer :)

The reason he is posting those links is to help other people who have to use Google Translate when reading/writing posts here in the forum. I personally think it's ok as long as the links may help Lumion users communicate with each other.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.