Author Topic: [Answered] Laptop for Lumion  (Read 560 times)

Danat360

[Answered] Laptop for Lumion
« on: November 17, 2017, 11:29:30 am »
November 17, 2017, 11:29:30 am
Hey guys,

I'm needing to order a new laptop for work. The laptop will be doing a multitude of tasks from Photoshop, Vray, but most importantly and will base the spec off of Lumion. So I've been looking for something with a high processing speed as well as a GPU capable of handling Lumion.

CPU: i7-7700HQ (3.9ghz)
GPU: Quadro M1200 4gb
RAM: 16gb
SSD: 512gb

References:

http://www.dell.com/en-uk/work/shop/laptops/precision-7520/spd/precision-15-7520-laptop/xctop7520emea

"High-performance graphics: Next generation professional-grade 2xRadeon Pro™ WX and 2xNVIDIA Quadro® graphics options with up to 4GB of graphics memory. Super high-speed 2400Mhz and 2667MHz of DDR4 memory keep pace with demanding 3D rendering and other graphics-intensive tasks."

Re: Laptop for Lumion
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 12:37:31 pm »
November 17, 2017, 12:37:31 pm
Hi Danat360, welcome. :)

Which version of Lumion are you using? (This is displayed on the Settings screen in Lumion)
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Danat360

Re: [Awaiting reply] Laptop for Lumion
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 04:21:21 pm »
November 17, 2017, 04:21:21 pm
Hi, we currently have yet to purchase. So it would be the latest version. on the market 8 i believe)

Re: [Answered] Laptop for Lumion
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 05:02:09 pm »
November 17, 2017, 05:02:09 pm
Thanks for the information.

The laptop itself is capable enough thanks to the system memory and the CPU, but the graphics card is unfortunately the weakest link, in terms of its suitability for Lumion. Lumion relies heavily on the graphics card when editing scenes and rendering images/clips, so it's very important to try to get the best model yu can afford.

The Nvidia Quadro M1200 only has 2,726 PassMark points. A minimum of 2,000 PassMark points are required for simple scenes in Lumion. This will severely limit the complexity of the scenes you can work on in Lumion. Please refer to the following recommendations to see how many PassMark points, you'd need depending on the types of scenes you want to work on:

Knowledge Base article: Which graphics card do you need?

I'd also recommend taking a look at our list of laptop PCs that will work well with Lumion in the article below:

Knowledge Base article: Which laptop PCs do you recommend?

Hope this helps.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.