Author Topic: [Resolved] import problems  (Read 4135 times)

Deidrie Knowles

[Resolved] import problems
« on: October 21, 2016, 06:08:26 pm »
October 21, 2016, 06:08:26 pm
I am using the demo version and imported a Revit model. Most of the model is there and looks correct but some of the walls are missing, as if they did not make it over the bridge. I tried re-importing, but they still did not show up. What can I do?

Also, does the demo version expire?

Re: import problems
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 06:19:15 pm »
October 21, 2016, 06:19:15 pm
Hi Deidrie, welcome to the Lumion Support Center. :)

Lumion Demo 5.3 is about 1 3/4 years old by now. It doesn't expire but it's quite limited and only includes a very small subset of the content and functionality of the latest (commercial) version.

As a better alternative, I would recommend that you click here and follow the instructions to get the fully functional 7-day Trial version of Lumion Pro 6.5.1. This version includes everything that is available in the commercial version, and supports all the latest CAD software such as Revit 2017, SketchUp 2016 etc.

To ensure a smooth evaluation period, please also make sure that your PC meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements, and that the latest graphics card drivers and all Windows updates have been installed (even optional ones). Otherwise Lumion 6.5.1 Pro will not work.

Once you've installed the Trial version, please try to import the DAE file from Revit again. If you encounter any problems I'm confident that we (or our dedicated import/export developer) can help you resolve the issues.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Deidrie Knowles

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 10:45:56 pm »
October 21, 2016, 10:45:56 pm
Ok, I installed the trial version as suggested. My PC exceeds minimum requirements. I re-imported the model and I still have the same wall missing as well as PART of an overhead steel canopy which was modeled as one component (not in pieces) . One of the missing walls is an exterior wall with a stacked exterior, so flipping the orientation would not be useful because I need the brick to be on the exterior. Suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Deidrie Knowles

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 11:14:24 pm »
October 21, 2016, 11:14:24 pm
Nevermind - my section box in the Revit 3D view was cutting them off. I pulled the section box out, re-imported, and now I have all of my walls.

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 11:19:14 pm »
October 21, 2016, 11:19:14 pm
Hi Deidrie Knowles

OK, great news to hear it's all sorted.  :)

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist with.

Deidrie Knowles

7.5 Update
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 05:43:48 pm »
October 17, 2017, 05:43:48 pm
How can I get the 7.5 update? And do I need the 7.3 update before the 7.5, or does 7.5 include 7.3?

Also, how do I start a new topic in this forum?

Thanks

Re: 7.5 Update
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 05:53:40 pm »
October 17, 2017, 05:53:40 pm
How can I get the 7.5 update?

Hi Deidrie, the email with the instructions and the link to the Lumion 7.5 Download Manager was automatically sent to all customers on July 6, 2017. If you can't find it, please follow the instructions below.

And do I need the 7.3 update before the 7.5, or does 7.5 include 7.3?

Lumion 7.5 is a full installation, and includes the changes from all previous updates so to speak. You do not need to install Lumion 7.3 first.

To get the email with the instructions and the link to the Lumion 7.5 Download Manager, please follow these instructions:

Knowledge Base article: How do you get the email with the Lumion download link?

Also, how do I start a new topic in this forum?

Please follow these instructions:

Knowledge Base article: How do you write your first Support Center topic?

Are you currently using Lumion 7.0 or 7.0.1? If so, do you ever import SketchUp models in your Lumion scenes?
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Deidrie Knowles

Re: [Resolved] import problems
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 06:23:39 pm »
October 17, 2017, 06:23:39 pm
Thanks so much for your quick response. I have sent a request for the email with the download instructions. As for starting a new topic, where do I choose a sub forum?

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 06:51:37 pm »
October 17, 2017, 06:51:37 pm
Thank you, the email is on the way.

The next step is to follow these instructions to register your license:

Knowledge Base article: How do you register your License Key and get technical support?

Doing so will give you access to the full forum for registered users (which is hidden until you register a license). Please note that this forum topic will no longer be visible to you after registering a license, so please post a new topic in the 'General questions' section that will appear when you are done registering. We will then merge both topics.

Thanks in advance.

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 06:53:10 pm »
October 17, 2017, 06:53:10 pm
By the way, are you currently using Lumion 7.0 or 7.0.1?

If so, do you ever import SketchUp models in your Lumion scenes?