Author Topic: [Answered] HTC Vive?  (Read 869 times)

benj_CS

[Answered] HTC Vive?
« on: September 14, 2017, 07:26:21 am »
September 14, 2017, 07:26:21 am
License 7.5 user
What about Vive? Can our consultancy use hTC? We really have to export or save the mirrored VR video even without static images so as not to bring the VR kits during presentations outside our office.
Thank you for your replies

Re: HTC Vive?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 08:05:39 am »
September 14, 2017, 08:05:39 am
Hi benj_CS, welcome.

It's not possible to render 360 degree VR videos in Lumion.

As for VR panoramas based on static images, I should mention that the HTC Vive headset is not officially supported, only Oculus Rift and Samsung GearVR are. Please note that only static panorama renderings will work with those headsets, i.e. you can't move the viewpoint around in a Lumion model/scene in real-time with Oculus Rift and Samsung GearVR headsets.

Regarding the HTC Vive headset, one of our customers mentioned that he got a Lumion VR panorama rendering working with HTC Vive in the Virtual Desktop app. However, that was in May 2016, and I'm unable to confirm if it still works or not as our developers do not know.

Some of our customers have also used the Oculus Rift/GearVR panorama format in a variety of 3rd party software, for example IrisVR (which, on its web site states it supports HTC Vive), and maybe InsiteVR.

Perhaps the Generic VR Device option (Equirectangular format) in Lumion might also work with HTC Vive.

Apologies for not being able to help you any further than this.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

pencildezign

Re: [Answered] HTC Vive?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 04:55:53 pm »
November 20, 2017, 04:55:53 pm
how can i use viewpoints in lumion 7.5 with HTC vive, why you are not solving this problem??

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 05:50:50 pm »
November 20, 2017, 05:50:50 pm
Hi pencildezign, welcome.

Everything we've got to say about HTC Vive was already posted above. ;)
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

pencildezign

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 06:16:04 pm »
November 20, 2017, 06:16:04 pm
Yes it was clear to me, but i don't get it, Lumion must be providing the Viewpoints support for all technological devices

kindly, work on it

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 06:18:51 pm »
November 20, 2017, 06:18:51 pm
Thanks for your feedback.