Author Topic: How to do with water reflection?  (Read 2405 times)

ypshzms

How to do with water reflection?
« on: January 17, 2013, 12:33:28 pm »
January 17, 2013, 12:33:28 pm
Hello ,i'm lumion beginners, I would like to ask how to generate reflection of the lake shore, I planted some trees on the shore, but the water there is no reflection

Re: How to do with water reflection?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 12:46:11 pm »
January 17, 2013, 12:46:11 pm
Hi ypshzms, you didn't say whether you were using Lumion 3 or 2.5, so I have assumed that you are using 2.5.

Water in Lumion rely on projected reflections.

Projected reflections use on a single 360 degree panoramic reflection texture which is projected onto all reflective materials. The projected reflection method is only an approximation and will never provide 100% realistic reflections.

Add the Lights -> Utilities -> Reflection control object to your scene to specify the position where the 360 degree panoramic reflection texture should be rendered at.

If you do not add this object to your scene it will be placed a few hundred meters above the terrain by default.

If you are rendering interiors, the best position for the Reflection Control object is often near the camera position. Bear in mind that you can also animate this object with the Basic Animation/Advanced Animation effects in the Movie section.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

ypshzms

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 01:55:14 pm »
January 17, 2013, 01:55:14 pm
If I use is 3.0, what better way?

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 02:11:00 pm »
January 17, 2013, 02:11:00 pm
Reflections for water in Lumion behave the same way in Lumion 2.5 and in 3.0.2.

Bear in mind that you can also animate this object with the Basic Animation/Advanced Animation effects in the Movie section.

The Basic Animation/Advanced Animation effects now called Move and Advanced Move in Lumion 3.0.2.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

stucki

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 03:26:52 pm »
January 17, 2013, 03:26:52 pm
will it be possible to use the new planar reflections for lakes and the sea sometime in the not to far future ?

kind regards
stucki

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 04:14:13 pm »
January 17, 2013, 04:14:13 pm
Hi Ingo, that's a question for the developers.

If they managed to implement this we would announce it, but as far as I know, they're not currently planning on adding planar reflections to the water in Lumion.