March 11, 2011, 01:15:58 am
This is a wonderful program. I've been waiting for years for something like this to hit the scene. You guys have a really strong foundation to keep you going for many many years to come. Thank you for your hard work on development of this software.
I want to just list a few things that I found would have helped me and I'm sure others as well. Although I did go through the list briefly...if these are already in the wish list, I apologize for repetition.
1) Ability to scale billboards without having to scale outside of lumion and then reloading.
2) Turn on only one set of gizmos only where the mouse points instead of turning on hundreds of gizmos for all nearby objects.
3) Ability to change/tweak the color values of the sky.
4) Tone mapping controls for a more realistic and less "contrasty" look.
5) Real modeled grass (with several grass species options) that can be turned on or off for selected planes (instead of having to place hundreds of grass objects onto a plane). Im thinking of something like AutoGrass for 3ds max....for making nice lush realistic lawns.
6) More layers and ability to name layers.
7) Night mode and simple lighting system for exterior architectural renderings
8.) Perspective correction.? Maybe I can fiddle a little with field of view, but I feel like there is an overly exaggerated perspective "pull" when you set up some angle shots.
9) Water streaks...I see these white streaks going vertically down the sides of a swimming pool. Maybe this is correct...but im not sure.
10) Ability to adjust material values on a billboard. You can do this if its not a billboard, but as soon as you convert a plane to a billboard, you cant do any material modifications to it.
11) Better evergreen tree models...this is just nitpicky on my part but the spruces seem to have an overly thick central leader/trunk. Also the more you scale up a spruce, the bigger the scale on the cones which leads to a weird look.
12) Depth of field or something that makes the far objects a little blurrier or darker. When close objects and far objects are crystal clear, the realism looks a little off.
13) Vignetting option for still shots.
14) I dont know if this is just me, but it seems that the Billboards rotate to follow the actual camera absolute position. I think the billboards should rotate to follow the relative position and face in a parallel position to the viewer. I have a few spots where the edges of the billboards are very visible and the billboard plants I set up are looking very fake and flat.
15) I know this isnt lumion's fault...its an inherent problem with any billboards in 3d programs, but what if we could have the Ability to "lock" shadow positions so that the shadows dont follow and change, as billboards rotate. As the camera moves around, you eventually come to a point where the billboard shadows are pencil thin.
16) Ability to have a certain amount of rotation in the z value for billboards....so that you can fly up a little and have the billboards twist "up" at you a tiny bit. Just enough to avoid a little of the flatness/edge as you go up.
17) Ability to select a large group of objects and then lock them into that group. So you re-select that group later and can multiply faster chunks of the same item.
This is all for now.. Sorry for the long list. Thank you again, lumion staff...for such an amazing tool.