Author Topic: Ethnicity  (Read 6563 times)

Re: Ethnicity
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 05:01:00 am »
September 26, 2013, 05:01:00 am
There have been and are ongoing requests for more People resources in the Library.

It's a matter of resources to make the 3D characters and have them work well within the Lumion real-time environment.  Good modelling and texturing and then creating the animations is an intensive and time consuming task, which limits current availability.

Higher quality characters have been added in version 3.  The dev team are very aware of the limitations and wishes to extend what is available.

For current projects the options are:
1.  determine the need for 3D characters or the options in using 2D or silhouettes.  Some arch viz top of the range videos work well without 3d characters, it's a style thing.

2.  where 3d characters are not available and the existing library is not applicable, and as mentioned by others here, there is the ability to import characters - from stock or your own built.  They can only be static, no animations.

Ii is unlikely that the Library will ever be possible to cover all the races, nations, looks, types of animation, clothing etc etc.  It forms a base from which to begin with, as does the buildings in the Library, and other models.

In the commercial/licensed area of the forum we have a number of topics in the Feedback and Wishlist Board, one of which is The Definitive Wish List for the Model Library for members to add requests for new models including characters/people.

The Library is a living ongoing work-in-progress.

Appreciate everyone's feedback and ideas, keep it coming  :).

jaustin:
So is there a new version soon with a larger library of people?

I am not able to provide a definitive answer for that at present.  Generally what is in a new version is released when and as the new version progresses and there is certainty about what's going to meet the timeframes.

I can say that each of the major versions so far have always had an increase the content of the Library, for example v3 as mentioned.

Thanks for raising the topic.

ps: please also see my PM to you.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Daman-Lechtenberger,PC

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 05:57:07 am »
September 26, 2013, 05:57:07 am
Hello All,

I have a couple of questions regarding Lumions blatant stereotyping...

I'm doing work on a project based in Africa. Yet the only people of African appearance in the objects library are all wearing Basketball gear... Is it possible to download more Lumion people.

OR might there be an update soon within which there will be a whole host of races, colours and creeds?

Thanks

Lumion models of people are not that great anyway. Download some 2d people and drop in your model....No big deal as others have suggested. I myself use the 3d silhouettes as I just look for scale and draw the attrition to the architecture not the included distractions.

I went thru the models and uploaded a rendering of all the included charters labeled African
Seem to be more than 4?

I would agree that there needs to be more people included, I would like to also see groups of people that are arranged in crowds as most of us work on a larger scale. Inserting 100 people suck.......I would also like to see that when you insert and hold the left mouse button you can rotate the object before it is set into the scene. This goes for all objects including lights as you could hold the moue button and select a target point.

BABE™

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 10:51:56 am »
September 26, 2013, 10:51:56 am
if were gonna talk about Lumions "DISCRIMINATION" ,none of them are FAT or..DISABLED..
Where does the stereotyping end ?

--------------------
I have a couple of questions regarding Lumions blatant stereotyping...

----------------------------

When did you   PURCHASE   lumion ?    
| HD4K™GRAPHICS |  
| Incorporating : LUMION™|

| GTX 980 Intel® Core™ | i7-4790K CPU - |
------------------
| MUSIC-PRODUCTION™ |
| |

jaustin

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 10:55:41 am »
September 26, 2013, 10:55:41 am

Appreciate everyone's feedback and ideas, keep it coming  :).

Thanks for your help Peter. Will respond to PM asap.

jaustin

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 10:59:29 am »
September 26, 2013, 10:59:29 am
if were gonna talk about Lumions "DISCRIMINATION" ,none of them are FAT or..DISABLED..

When did you   PURCHASE   lumion ?    

I think you're MISSING THE POINT But thanks for your VALUABLE INPUT

Also CLEVER USE OF THE COLOUR RED

BABE™

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2013, 11:01:45 am »
September 26, 2013, 11:01:45 am
Thankyou jaustin ................but you haven't answered my question ?
| HD4K™GRAPHICS |  
| Incorporating : LUMION™|

| GTX 980 Intel® Core™ | i7-4790K CPU - |
------------------
| MUSIC-PRODUCTION™ |
| |

jaustin

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2013, 11:02:36 am »
September 26, 2013, 11:02:36 am
Thankyou jaustin ................but you haven't answered my question ?

8TH MARCH 2013

Daman-Lechtenberger,PC

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2013, 04:48:47 pm »
September 26, 2013, 04:48:47 pm

Babe- I think the correct grammar would be WEIGHT CHALLANGED, and PHYSICALLY LIMITED. All kidding aside I would like to see some animated characters in wheel chairs, walkers and scooters.

Michael

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2013, 09:20:40 am »
September 27, 2013, 09:20:40 am
Babe- I think the correct grammar would be WEIGHT CHALLANGED, and PHYSICALLY LIMITED. All kidding aside I would like to see some animated characters in wheel chairs, walkers and scooters.
+1 for the scooter!!
Devs, that does not seem such a challEnge? Or is it? And, people with helmets circumvent ethnic discussions quite nicely  ;)

Francan

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2013, 11:07:44 am »
September 27, 2013, 11:07:44 am
yes of course, but light gray or dark gray helmet.

:+