Author Topic: [Answered] Copying objects between Lumion Pro 8.3 projects  (Read 69 times)

Luke.SmithHTA

[Answered] Copying objects between Lumion Pro 8.3 projects
« on: July 03, 2019, 11:11:36 am »
July 03, 2019, 11:11:36 am
Hi,

I am working at a large multi-disciplinary company and we currently use a few Lumion 8.3 licenses for architectural rendering purposes. We have both an architecture and landscape architecture team and regularly work on the same building projects for clients.

Since only one person can work on a Lumion project at once, we usually have an Architecture Lumion file for a project, and another Landscape Architecture Lumion file for the same project. We've reached a point where we would like to copy Landscape's trees and plants into the Architecture file so that our images are consistent for the client. Writing down the names of plants and then re-modelling from screenshots is very time intensive, is there a way to do this quicker? In short:

Is there a way to copy objects (trees/plants/etc.) from one project to another all at once in Lumion 8.3 or any other version?

I've attached an image of each file, 1) for the trees and plants we want to copy. 2) for the file we want to paste into

Thanks for your help!

Re: Copying objects between Lumion Pro 8.3 projects
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 11:18:26 am »
July 03, 2019, 11:18:26 am
Hi Luke, yes - the Merge Scene function allows you to merge specific object categories (plus Photos and Clips in Lumion 9+ Pro).

Here's how it works in Lumion 9 Pro:

Screenshots from Lumion 9+ Pro:

IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Luke.SmithHTA

Re: Copying objects between Lumion Pro 8.3 projects
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 11:20:57 am »
July 03, 2019, 11:20:57 am
Hi Morten,

I'm not familiar with the Merge Scene function yet, but I'll look it up now.

Is this only available for Lumion 8.3, would we have to upgrade?

Re: [Answered] Copying objects between Lumion Pro 8.3 projects
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 11:22:12 am »
July 03, 2019, 11:22:12 am
It's available in Lumion 8.3 Pro and older versions as well.

The only difference is that Lumion 9+ Pro also allows you to merge Photos and Clips.

Have a look at the YouTube video tutorial above to see how it works.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 02:26:00 pm »
July 03, 2019, 02:26:00 pm
Hi Luke

To clarify, the Merge feature is only a Lumion Pro product feature.

I assume that may be the product you are using.   Please register your License Key to your Support Account. Doing so will give you access to the full Support Centre.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 03:07:12 pm »
July 03, 2019, 03:07:12 pm
(Valid point, Peter; I'll add 'Pro' to my previous replies. Fortunately, they're using Lumion 8.3 Pro, so Merge Scene is indeed available to them)