July 10, 2013, 10:18:00 pm
Thank you for the responses. in reply:
1. What version of Lumion?
Lumion 3.2 Pro
2. Does this happen only when you try to render, i.e. not during playback or in Build Mode etc?
This does happen in Build Mode on a more rare occasion.
3. How many clips do you have to render out?
8mins worth of about 34 clips, the bluescreen happens during clips though, not in between.
4. Does this happen always at the same frame? or always at in the same clip?
Changes every time.
5. Are you able to render of other clips?
I am able to render anything that has crashed before, and all clips have been rendered before.
6. What is the scenes 3D Point count?
A lot (it's rendering now so I don't want to disturb it).
7. How many Reflection Planes are being used?
Sometimes 5, sometimes none, crashed happen during small closeup scenes or large, reflection-intense scenes. Doesn't seem to matter.
8. Can the scene ( or as a test clip) render OK at the next lower star quality?
Never tried but assume it could: wouldn't know about the crashing until i tried.
9. Have you successfully rendered other (maybe similar) scenes, and it is only this scene that's the problem?
Happens all the time in this one large scene (which is pretty much the only thing I've worked on since getting Lumion), other scenes have been fine (but are incredibly less complex scenes than this).
10. What's the specs for PC apart from GTX680? What's the Wattage of your power supply? Please click on Run DXDiag in the benchmark section and attach the dxdiag.txt file to your next post (it may take up to 1 minute to create this file, once the folder window appears).
I will look into this once the computer is done this set of rendering.
Some suggestions to narrow down the problem or fix:
1. Verify/check that latest Nvidia drivers are installed.
2. As you have tried rendering on another PC and still same problem, that indicates some problem with an object, too much entourage (especially trees), too many reflection planes especially if combined with GI.
Don't have another machine that can handle this scene.
3. Are you able to play the video onscreen in Preview mode in the Video Editor right through?
Yes, but very slow and jittery.
4. A few test options: place all Imported Library Objects to own layer/s if not already that way. Add a Hide Layer Effect for that layer to Entire Movie so that it hides all Imported Library Objects and test rendering.
I will try this when I can and let you know.
5. Do same (if not already so) with (at least) Plants to a layer and hide and test render.
I will follow up with the bluescreen reader and do an OCCT test and report back.