Author Topic: Billboard Material  (Read 4742 times)

poiseis

Billboard Material
« on: May 04, 2014, 04:42:29 am »
May 04, 2014, 04:42:29 am
Hi, i realy couldnt understand what is this billboard material, i couldn't find any videos or example. I'm sure that its somethink like SketchUp FaceCamera comp. but when i assign people or threes they also moves, why do they move, is there any good examples like video or st. of billboard material.

poiseis

Re: Billboard Material
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 04:54:41 am »
May 04, 2014, 04:54:41 am
after weeks i finnaly understand, it about axes.!!! :D so i have to import to my scene hundreds of people and trees one by one, REALY classy!!! It imports from SketchUp file, there should be a much simpler way to do it.!!! Comooon lumion,

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 09:32:23 am »
May 04, 2014, 09:32:23 am
That's good you have found out how it works.

Which version are you working with for Billboards?

Thanks for the suggestion.  Generally though, it's not intended for situations of placing hundreds of billboards.  Why are you not using the ones in the Lumion Library?

poiseis

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 04:44:28 pm »
May 04, 2014, 04:44:28 pm
i have a huge 2d people library, i put some subliminal messeages with people to my work. :D :D   Well, for workflow, i start with sketcup, for  early revisions than i put it into rhino for vray for renders even for construction sites. and lumion at the presentation for dwellers or house buyers, so i have a huge workflow, i cant tell also revit autocad desgnin building and façade design... a Hugeworkflow to keep custemers happy :D Meanwhile with  my 2d people i'm not being sarcastic about it, i put some subliminal messages. guys looking a cool girl, or a new family with a baby :D people in housing busnis they generaly have trust issiues to contractors. With these videos it much more easy for us. And i'm realy selective about people. Think like that, you make a advertisment studio, you dont wanna put crappy random people to your videos, istead, some proffesional players, creating some aura. Like a  have a telephone talking guy. I put that always, its like a movie star for me!! And another father walking with his girl. Capis? And in 4.5 you anounced more 3d people.!!!  When people see 3d people they think tht it is a crappy movie.. There is no art in 3d people..  So consider what i tell you here, put better billboard options for workflow and invest more in 2d people, LIKE MOVIE STAR...

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 01:27:16 am »
May 05, 2014, 01:27:16 am
Thanks for the feedback on billboards.

Which version of Lumion are you using?  Knowing this will help understand what features of Lumion you are making use of, or not.

I am not sure I understand why you do not use those in Lumion, both people and for trees with all the high quality 3D trees, billboard trees and clusters, to at least start with or for background entourage.

Are you saying all the people and tree content is 'crappy' and of no use?

Our content is progressively being improved upon, especially 3D people as technology and demands require.  We have our strongest requests in this area from our commercial users rather than 2D people.

Users can access other photorealistic 2D people for billboards from other content providers and add to Lumion.  Once a library has been built up it's easy to make use of.

I can appreciate it can become a bit tedious setting up Lumion with 200 or 300 or more 2D people.  Workflow ideas could cover things like batch create, or read and add to Library from a folder of images. However, those sort of things only have a one-off setup benefit.  Is that the sort of thing you mean when referring to better workflow?

RAD

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 07:37:46 pm »
May 05, 2014, 07:37:46 pm
"I can appreciate it can become a bit tedious setting up Lumion with 200 or 300 or more 2D people."

Populate Mesh function.  Like the plant material we have talked about would make all this so sweet and nice and user friendly.
It fits in exactly with the concept of Lumion.   ;)

Digitalmarley

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 10:58:25 pm »
May 05, 2014, 10:58:25 pm
There is no art in 3d people..  So consider what i tell you here, put better billboard options for workflow and invest more in 2d people, LIKE MOVIE STAR...

I don't know how to begin to understand your logic... invest more in 2d people? Seriously?

That's like telling apple they should make another flip-phone. No offense but you might not be ready for the future.

RAD

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 11:03:58 pm »
May 05, 2014, 11:03:58 pm
Hehee.   :D  I like 3D people better than 2D ones.    :-D
I think most everyone would agree.   8)   :)   ;)

sach

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 01:09:03 am »
May 06, 2014, 01:09:03 am
Real people....even in 2D are 100 times better with still render than Lumion 3D person that doensn't look real.

Digitalmarley

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 01:19:20 am »
May 06, 2014, 01:19:20 am
You could make the argument that photo people in the real-time world looks just as fake. The 3d people seem appropriate because lumion is a game-like engine and photo-realism is not the goal.

Would you rather use a 2 billboard photo of a tree than the semi-realistic trees lumion provides?

poiseis

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 05:49:37 am »
May 06, 2014, 05:49:37 am
Well apperantly some people like 3d BUT some people like 2d. I have seen tons of famous architects vidoes. they even use "siluet" people. and actually never seen a famos project a video with 3d.  It's about artistic skill.. I will never use 3d people. It makes lumion looks like a SIMS 6..  :D :D (by the way i made a presentation when i was in school with sims @itu!!!) Im using lumion 4.02 pro i guess. Good improvment has been made, but i seen the video of 4.5 you choos to invest on 3d. I was trying telling the power of 2d people quality. Of course i can tell my employer to create a lumion archive. but lumion should recognise my faceCAM people. it not hard to script.

poiseis

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 05:54:30 am »
May 06, 2014, 05:54:30 am
by the way your, planting tools are amazing!!!! Landscape projects are not interested by clients mostly, and i'm not a landscape architect, but just for fun, i make a lanscape design. Well i have another idea on this one also. Put your plants some more information also. Climate, root depth, summer-winter difference etc.. So  as an architect i can chose plants more wisly :D and put a effect "show plants name"! so i can present them. 

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 07:46:48 am »
May 06, 2014, 07:46:48 am
by the way your, planting tools are amazing!!!!..

:) of course  :-D

Which version of Lumion are you using?  Knowing this will help understand what features of Lumion you are making use of, or not.

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 01:49:53 pm »
May 06, 2014, 01:49:53 pm
Hi Poiseis, this is just a routine check as you do not seem to have any Lumion licenses attached to your forum account.

If you have a personal Lumion Pro 4 license or are working for a company with a valid Lumion Pro 4 license, I'd be grateful if you could forward the license or the company name/email address to info [at] act-3d.com, so we can verify that everything is in order.

Thanks in advance.

TIP: If you are working for a company, you can use 1 license key for multiple staff members, as a way to get full access to the forum. We provide faster support in the Commercial User section of the forum.

All that you need to do is to ask the person who manages the license keys at your company to go to Profile -> Account settings and enter one of the license keys. You will then have full access to the forum.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

sach

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 03:38:04 pm »
May 06, 2014, 03:38:04 pm
I didn't pay for a gamelike app................i payed for an Architectural visualization app........so renders have to look like they've been made with an "Architectural visualization" app.....and many of us can output really good "outdoor" images that can almost reach Vray like renders.....For Lumion trees, they look pretty good for semi far distance and for closeup trees, i bought the whole bundle of "XFrog trees" that are the best 3D trees out there.

So better use 2D real people and the best 3D trees if you want out image to look as real as possible.

That's just my 2 cents