Author Topic: [Answered] BENCHMARK TEST  (Read 2610 times)

Re: BENCHMARK TEST
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 08:11:37 pm »
January 12, 2018, 08:11:37 pm
Thanks for the information.

Lumion 7 is no longer for sale.

You can only buy Lumion 8 now.

The hardware configuration looks fine, but you will need a gold-rated 80+ power supply.

Please see this article for more information:

Knowledge Base article: Which power supply do you need?

ROANK MOONDRA

Re: [Answered] BENCHMARK TEST
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 08:30:41 pm »
January 12, 2018, 08:30:41 pm
Thanks for the replay Morten really appreciate it and i will keep in mind to purchase LUMION 8 only.

I have one more question for you, if you can help me with that,

For which series of graphic card should I go for the GTX series or the Quadro series because frankly speaking the Lumion team have a slight inclination for the GTX series where as the entire internet is screaming that the Quadro series is undisputedly much better than GTX series for CAD based purposes.

Can i go for Quadro P2000(5GB), if yes kindly do tell me what kind of scenes can i work with in this perticular model of graphic card(Quadro P2000)

Sincearly,
Roank Moondra

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 08:53:26 pm »
January 12, 2018, 08:53:26 pm
Hi Roank Moondra

There's lots of discussion, and advantages or disadvantages in the debate about Quadro or not.  Quadro if you want certified and specifically designed hardware for CAD based applications, however general graphics cards for gaming do just as well with CAD.

Lumion is not CAD, and in our experience, general graphics cards do a little bit better with Lumion.  GTX cards still currently out perform Radeon cards by a margin.  General graphics cards are also a lot more affordable than Quadros (NVIDIA) or FirePro (AMD), so you can afford to get a better graphics card for the same cost.

It is also important to get a graphics card that meets or exceeds the requirements based on the type of complexity in your intended Scenes.

A 600 Watt power supply (Gold +) would be considered minimum.  Please follow the link Morten posted as well as:
What kind of computer does Lumion need?
Which graphics card do you need?

Blog Article: Blog: What is the best hardware for Lumion?: [October 13 2016]

ROANK MOONDRA

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 09:13:36 pm »
January 12, 2018, 09:13:36 pm
Thanks for the reply Peterm, i will make it sure to go for a power supply as mentioned in the link that you sent me.

Can you please share your thought regarding the mother board that i have mentioned in the proposed system specifications

1. Intel 7th Gen Core i7-8700K
2. M/B - MSI Z370 PC Pro
3. RAM - Corsair Vengence 16GB(2400MHz)
4. GRAPHIC - ZOTAC GTX 1070 8 GB
5. COOLING - COOLER MASTER LIQUID LITE 120
6. HDD - SSD. WD 500 GB M2.0

Will the processor over clock on this particular mother board, when there is a need??

Waiting for an accurate replay

ROANK MOONDRA

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 10:58:43 pm »
January 12, 2018, 10:58:43 pm
Hi Roank Moondra

So long as the motherboard is suitable for the CPU, and supports the graphics card fully, then we usually do not provide too much by way of comment on motherboards.

There are often a range of motherboards, and which one used depends on the PC supplier and the price point you want to pay, as well as the type of CPU, and speed of the CPU and system memory (RAM).

A good high performance, gaming based and quality made motherboard will pay dividends, as they are more likely to give optimal support for the graphics card and rest of the system. 

MSI have a number of recognised high performance gaming based motherboards.

As I read it, the MSI Z370 based motherboards are for the new Z370 based Intel chips, which are for the new "Coffee Lake" 8th Gen CPU's with i7-8000 series brand names. There's not much difference to the Z270 motherboards at this stage, as these are being provided to meet the Z370 support of the new CPU range.

Is it a typo otherwise, please check with your PC supplier that you are getting an 8th gen CPU (re your details in
1. Intel 7th Gen Core i7-8700K

Note 7th gen systems are fully capable of supporting the GTX 1070.  Clock rate of the CPU is still the important factor, not the number of cores (which is what the new 8th gen is mostly about). The i7-8700K has a clock rate 3.7 to 4.7 Ghz so would not be a bottleneck for the graphics card.

Please do a Google Search for review of the motherboard.  Here's three to get you started.
Techpowerup - MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Review
KitGuru - MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Motherboard Review
TechReport -
 MSI's Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC motherboard reviewed

--------
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the above does not mean that I or Act-3D endorse specific products. We are unable to offer any guarantees regarding the expected performance in Lumion with the above-mentioned hardware, and you cannot hold us liable for any costs or damages incurred if you purchase hardware based on our posts on this forum or via email.