This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: Aligning Objects  (Read 7229 times)

Aligning Objects
« on: November 08, 2013, 09:42:47 am »
November 08, 2013, 09:42:47 am
or insert them seperatly into Lumion (problem with this is lining them up in the exact position inside Lumion is a pain!).

Aligning objects in Lumion is/should be quite easy:
1.  using the Context --> Transform --> Align feature: see LUMION 3: Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts, or

2.  select an object or objects and using the Edit Properties Pencil tool, enter the position values directly.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

LordSoth

Aligning Objects
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 05:28:11 am »
November 09, 2013, 05:28:11 am
Yes it's okay, not perfect, takes some time to get everything all aligned when you have 5 or so different models you are trying to line up on a site that is on an angle.
I still don't know how to get the straight line command moving, I just can't seem to get it to work. I CTRL + Select objects, transform/space from the object (tried a few different ones) and then ... ? I use move command but it doesn't move in straight lines?

Aligning Objects
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 06:10:35 am »
November 11, 2013, 06:10:35 am
Yes it's okay, not perfect, takes some time to get everything all aligned when you have 5 or so different models you are trying to line up on a site that is on an angle.

For alignment, there is also a snippet video tutorial: see Align Item Positions (00:48)

To align objects to the slope/angle of an underlying surface use the F key:  see topic: SELECTING, COPYING, MOVING AND ALIGNING OBJECTS, paragraph (F); LUMION 3: Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts

If all 5 need to be the same position, then use the F key first, then finalise their position with one of the align methods.

I still don't know how to get the straight line command moving, ...

see LUMION 3: Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts

(CTRL) + "Space" command: The selected objects will be placed in a straight line as defined by the object that you clicked on to execute the command and the object that is furthest away from that object. (CTRL)-select objects -> Context menu -> Click on the selection icon of one of the selected objects -> Transformation -> Space)

Video Tutorial: Evenly Spacing Items (00:48)
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.