This forum is now closed.
Please join us at the new Lumion Community forum.
Lumion Community
Use your email address and password from the old forum to log in if your account was created before Feb 20 2020.
Otherwise, you will need to create a new Lumion Account at the new forum.

Author Topic: About last thread, Lumen RT 3  (Read 12135 times)

Re: About last thread, Lumen RT 3
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 12:57:02 pm »
August 14, 2012, 12:57:02 pm
It's got nothing to do with politics :)

We don't want people to base future purchases of Lumion on promises that may or may not be fulfilled, so we have to avoid announcing upcoming features that have not yet been implemented.

Another contributing factor is that we prefer to make major announcements in one go in order to maximise the impact (newsletter, press release, forum announcement etc). If we start to announce some of the v3.0 features in the forum, we will dilute the impact and the final press release etc might no longer be newsworthy.

In other words, please stay tuned until we are ready to officially announce 3.0.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

3dk

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 01:05:33 pm »
August 14, 2012, 01:05:33 pm
So again without an answer, i want to buy it, but still confused for the next improvements,new features and the prize; for conditions that offers now the price is not worth

Jacobs Architekten

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 06:33:03 pm »
August 14, 2012, 06:33:03 pm
Hi all... I just came across the new version of LumenRT. I don't want to make any publicity but I think that LumenRT is very well on track with its new version (v.3).

Check this: http://www.youtube.com/v/1GwU1LAb4Yo?fs=1&hl=fr_FR&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6

J-P.

Jacobs Architekten

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 06:35:44 pm »
August 14, 2012, 06:35:44 pm
Hi all... I just came across the new version of LumenRT. I don't want to make any publicity but I think that LumenRT is very well on track with its new version (v.3).

Check this: http://www.youtube.com/v/1GwU1LAb4Yo?fs=1&hl=fr_FR&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6

J-P.

I'm sorry... there already was a subject about it.

J-P.

BMcIsaac

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 06:45:27 pm »
August 14, 2012, 06:45:27 pm
Yes...and did it spark some excitement.... :-D

I didn't even get a chance to make a fool of myself (full of Lumion vigor).
Remko could hear me coming and he slammed the door before I got there.

BMcIsaac

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 06:58:17 pm »
August 14, 2012, 06:58:17 pm
Without falling too deep into this I would like to suggest that if you are making money with Lumion now then there is no need to worry about 3. If you are not using it successfully now, it is likely 3 will not change that overnight. Lumion is a workflow that one adopts...for me it is natural selection.....which product is making me money consistently? Lumion. I expect that will only grow the moment 3 hits the street. For now I am keeping my head down to make sure I exploit Lumion as it exists today.

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 10:17:55 am »
August 15, 2012, 10:17:55 am
So again without an answer, i want to buy it, but still confused for the next improvements,new features and the prize; for conditions that offers now the price is not worth

Please be patient until the official announcement of v3.0 :)
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Ecuadorian

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2012, 10:09:01 pm »
September 22, 2012, 10:09:01 pm
My clients are still in total awe of what I can do with Lumion. Even when I do explain to them "this is not physically-based indirect light, it's just SSAO", they still love it.

But I do see a market for LumenRT 3: Interactive presentations of small projects, such as houses. Giving the buyer/client the power to explore the design at their own pace. People are starting to ignore videos. I painfully noticed this in Habitat. People just walked by the screens showing my animations. People are even starting to ignore "3D". Last night in a shopping mall there was a stand full of 3D TVs with glasses and girls doing demonstrations. Almost nobody approached.

Maybe it's time to attract people with something more engaging. I was considering going with Unity for interactivity, but found it not optimized for architects and rather cumbersome. Maybe this will be LumenRT's niche, especially if they keep adding interactive stuff... It would be cool to have the ability to open/close doors, choose between different finishes, etc.

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 11:49:54 am »
September 24, 2012, 11:49:54 am
Hi Miguel, this sort of 'from-the-trenches' feedback is very valuable - thanks for taking the time to report back with your experiences from the tradeshow/shopping mall.

Ecuadorian

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 05:25:54 pm »
September 24, 2012, 05:25:54 pm
Update: So I went ahead and installed the trial of LumenRT. I must say that the indirect illumination in this soft is quite realistic... Too realistic, actually. There's too much contrast between areas reached by direct sunlight and those without it. I wish you could add some Ambient-Occluded lighting into the mix, or offer more tonemapping options. Contrast is too harsh as it is right now. And baking times are loooooooong.

On the other hand, last week I showed a client a SketchUp model directly on SketchUp (took the installer with me). He was sooo excited to be able to navigate the model himself! He said this was a totally new experience for him.  8)

cpercer

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2012, 04:43:04 pm »
September 26, 2012, 04:43:04 pm
I have no idea what made you write that down?
Maybe next time try reading before replying the totally obvious
whilst flatout ignoring the important bits. Just a tip.

The OIT technique would be cool if implemented into the section cut object.