February 10, 2014, 03:41:03 am
Hi I'm back with more feedback:
Iâ€™ve had a break-through! Very exciting, see point # 3. I still wanted to answer your questions (for posterityâ€™s sake).
1. Yes I updated them yesterday (thanks). Please see attached image 1 â€“prior to breakthrough - using the updated drivers.) I suspect that the pinkish glow is due to the â€œsunset/sunriseâ€ setting?
2. Villa rendering. See the attached, (image 2) after I had changed the settings, (after breakthrough!)â€“ it appears to be correct, but please let me know if this is what itâ€™s supposed to look like?
3. How Iâ€™ve made progress: Ok, I ran the benchmark â€“ see image 3. Then I noticed that it wasnâ€™t indicating my correct vcard. So, I changed around some of the settings in my NVIDIA control panel, the last one seems to give best results (the break through setting) image 4, even though it still does not indicate the right vcard. I actually designated the Nvidia card in the global settings, and then added lumion to the program list, and made sure that it was customized to use all the â€œCUDAâ€â€¦ (images 5 and 6)
What made me go look at the NVIDIA Control Panel, is that I noticed that the benchmarks donâ€™t point to my actual graphic card, so I was trying to see if it was something in the setting. Apparently so, bc on the second benchmark, you see some improvement, but, by the same token, the system â€œspeedâ€ went down by half. Wonder why? I kept trying to change this around, to see if I could get the system speed up to at least the 7200 it was before, but with the improved benchmark â€“ but no luck there. However, vast improvement showing in the latest render, image 7. Regarding the material for the arches, I probably still need to tweak it to get them to look amazing. I will try to run a movie with this setting.
- DXDiagâ€“ see attached.
5. What power supply is used in the laptop? â€“ plug, 110v
6. Using option # 2, I scored 1572 (but states itâ€™s a partial result), compared to the website which said it should be 1919. Then it states that my computer has a passmark of 2956.7 which is a complete result. Iâ€™m a bit clueless about the whole thing :\
Thanks for all your help, and I look forward to any new comments you may wish to makeâ€¦ particularly regarding improvement on the speed or input on the passmark results? Sorry for all the attachments.