October 10, 2014, 02:42:55 am
Thanks for registering.
Lumion does not delete imported models or scenes unless the user in Lumion specifically deletes a scene or a model, and that is done only one at a time.
The files should be in the default folders that Lumion saves them to which is: This PC --> Documents (or as My Documents) \Lumion 4 subfolder \Scenes and subfolder \Library.
The only way to remove scenes and imported models with Lumion is to double-click on the Bin icon which is located on the thumbnail image of each scene and model file inside Lumion.
No user has ever reported that Lumion has removed scene and imported model files without the abovementioned user-intervention.
For those reasons, I am 99.9% sure that something other than Lumion must have caused this problem.CHECKLIST:
1. First things first: Have you got backups of the Lumion/Library and Lumion/Scenes folders that you can revert to?
2. Have you checked the Windows Recycle Bin?
3. Have you changed your Windows login over the period, or are you logging in under a different user name?
4. Have you searched for the missing files on all hard-drives/network drives? It's easy in Windows to drag and drop, and perhaps the files have been accidentally moved (complete folders) to some other location on the PC.
5. Has there been any changes to the hardware setup for example, change of hard-drives?
6. Have you checked whether your virus scanner has quarantined the files in the My Documents/Lumion 4/Scenes + Library folders (it shouldn't, but it's worth checking)?
7. Does anyone else have access to your PC and also would they have access under your login to use Lumion?
Hopefully in amongst that list is the key to locating your files. Fingers crossed.
Please let us know about each of the above. I'll monitor this topic throughout the day.