July 05, 2019, 09:27:37 pm
I finished my first ever 3d project for my dissertation.
I intended to reconstruct an XVII century Ottoman palanka-type fortification based on archaeological data we recovered during field research and a XVII century miniature.
The results are by no means perfect and my editing skills are bad but still, it may be of some inspiration to others that have a lot more talent than I have.
I had to use my personal laptop (Lenovo Y50-70) and was of course limited to lower resolution (I think 720p) and lower details. The rendering process took me about 7 and a half hours in which i thought my old laptop would catch fire and thankfully it didn't. Anyway, the members of the evaluation committee were pleased and I got a good grade.
In Lumion I used some models found on the web and some found here. I did not cite the sources in the video or here but they are cited with everybody's alias in the paper.
Here is the link if anyone is interested.
I am open to suggestions and comments since I may do this again sometime.