December 03, 2018, 06:18:07 am
I haven't posted much work lately so I figured I'd share this. This was a small project I recently completed as a test to see how far I could push lighting in Lumion. This scene was creating predominantly to test and refine new texture and modelling assets, but I loved how the results so much I decided to render out a set of images from a bedroom using the same scene. I was pretty happy with the results of this as I haven't seen many people attempt completely "artificial" lighting in a Lumion project (they typically are either day lit or have some sort of exterior lighting). Because of this, I'll be doing a write up of the process where I'll have some of the more interesting showcases that I've created using the scene. If you'd like to see a breakdown on the lighting setup let me know!
Anyway, here is the finished product of the bedroom scene. In short, this whole scene was lit using only 2 spotlights. No windows, area lights, omnilights or anything else! The main focus of this, as well as the other images produced in this scene was to investigate the role of specularity and fresnel in achieving accurate Global Illumination. My favorite image is last on the list, it is a crop of an image that I think gave a nice composition
All in all it was pretty fun project with some good results and I've picked up a few new techniques when it comes to texturing in Lumion. I'm looking forward to sharing some of the texture demo's in the future that really show off the lighting.