Author Topic: [Resolved] Wrong Texture creation error - Please help!!  (Read 113 times)

fadotian

[Resolved] Wrong Texture creation error - Please help!!
« on: December 03, 2019, 05:00:32 am »
December 03, 2019, 05:00:32 am
Hello,

I am using a student version.

I was running a rendering and it came out the message : wrong creation of texture. It seems that it only shows in this particular file. I opened my old files and ran the rendering, it went through with no problem.

I am wondering if any setting was not correctly set up in Lumion to cause this issue or sth wrong in the original sketchup file.

Please help me.

Thanks!!

Re: Wrong Texture creation error - Please help!!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 05:50:27 am »
December 03, 2019, 05:50:27 am
Hi

In most cases, the message means that the Scene/Project is too complex for the hardware.  Some issues get resolved by things such as increasing Virtual Memory or altering the complexity of the Scene to better match the capability of the graphics card.

Here's some steps to work through.

1. Attach to a post the Windows Diagnostics (DXDiag) Report. Refer our Knowledge Base Article: How do you attach a diagnostics report to a post?

2. It's possible that your Scenes are too demanding for it (most likely due to the 3D Grass Material):

2.1 Do you still get a 'Wrong creation of texture' error if you temporarily replace the 3D Grass Material with a different material before rendering?  Refer our Knowledge Base article: How do you make grass render faster?

2.2 If not, do you still get a 'Wrong creation of texture' error if you temporarily disable the Hyperlight and Sky Light 2 Effects before rendering?

3. Are you able to render desktop and Print for the Photos in the Example Project Villa Cabrera, Beach House, and Farnsworth?  Given your other Projects work OK, then I would expect the answer to be yes.

4. Is it one specific Photo (if so then which one) or any of them?

5. If it is not due to the 3D Grass Materials, then send us the LS Project file, the source 3D building model file (Revit, SketchUp etc), and the exported model file.  How do you upload files to the Lumion staff?

6.  Some of these you may have done, but please confirm that each step has been completely followed:
Knowledge Base: How do you resolve pop-up error messages while editing or rendering a Scene?

If the Imported Model is too complex see if the following article helps:
Knowledge Base: How do you reduce the complexity of a model before importing it in Lumion?

ps: please update your Support Account by registering your Student Pro License Key.  See our Knowledge Base article:  How do you get technical support?
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

fadotian

Re: [Awaiting Reply] Wrong Texture creation error - Please help!!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 03:40:07 pm »
December 03, 2019, 03:40:07 pm
Peterm,

Thank you so much for replying to me so responsively!

Yes, it is due to the 3D grass. The area of the 3D grass is too large. I replaced it with 2D grass and it went through!

Thank you for all the information you provided. Lumion's support team is awesome!

Re: [Awaiting Reply] Wrong Texture creation error - Please help!!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 03:47:07 pm »
December 03, 2019, 03:47:07 pm
We are happy to hear that it worked and you are welcome on Peter's behalf.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.