Author Topic: [Answered] Strange reflections in a movieclip.  (Read 155 times)

fmarchitecten

[Answered] Strange reflections in a movieclip.
« on: May 16, 2018, 10:14:39 am »
May 16, 2018, 10:14:39 am
While testing Lumion 8 pro, we made a movie from an interior. In a glossy cabinet in the kitchen we saw reflection of things that are on the table along the cabinet. So these things could not be reflected in the cabinet, no way.  And also in the reflection the seating was reflected, but just partly.  There are some faults in the reflection of the seating.
Is this something that occures regulary?

I would like to attach the movieclip, but it is to big in size.

Kind regards,

Jurgen Fonteyne, architect

Re: Strange reflections in a movieclip.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 11:48:04 am »
May 16, 2018, 11:48:04 am
Hi Jurgen,

1. Regarding the video, perhaps you can upload videos to YouTube or to a file host, e.g. wetransfer.com, and then post a link here?

2. Regarding reflections, what I'm guessing you're seeing are 'Projected Reflections', i.e. the least accurate reflection type (which is also the fastest to render).

If you are not familiar with the three main types of reflection, then please see our three Knowledge Base articles: 

Knowledge Base article: How do Projected Reflections work?
Knowledge Base article: How do SpeedRay Reflections work?
Knowledge Base article: How do Planar Reflections work?

In summary, you'd need to use the 'Reflection' effect to assign a reflection plane to the glazed area on the cabinet in order to get accurate reflections. Please note that each reflection plane you add to surfaces will make the scene slower to render.

Does this answer your question?

IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

fmarchitecten

Re: [Awaiting reply] Strange reflections in a movieclip.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 08:40:38 am »
May 17, 2018, 08:40:38 am
Thank you so much putting light on this issue.

Re: [Awaiting reply] Strange reflections in a movieclip.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 09:15:37 am »
May 17, 2018, 09:15:37 am
You're welcome.

Hope a new render will have much better reflections that you want.

Let us know if you have any further questions on reflections, or on anything else.