Author Topic: [Awaiting License Key Registration] Polycarbonate and similar materials  (Read 61 times)

eplgr

November 08, 2019, 03:54:53 pm
Hello, I'm trying to create a material that is similar to polycarbonate, in a sense that it is not fully transparent, during the day it reflects light and during the night, you can see the interior light going through the material to the outside.

Any idea how to do this? I've been trying using the transparency option but it doesn't really work, it makes everything behind VERY dark if you put it together with high reflections.
I also tried using some glass options with a relief so it doesn't look like glass, but I still couldn't match the level of transparency (or lack of) that I need.

I'm willing to give up the idea of a reflective material, and in that case how do you just make this material communicate everything that happens inside through the light that is inside?

I attached some examples.

Thank you.

https://imgur.com/a/SuUeS7k

Re: Polycarbonate and similar materials
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 04:01:33 pm »
November 08, 2019, 04:01:33 pm
Hello eplgr,

What version of Lumion are you using?
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

eplgr

Re: [Awaiting reply] Polycarbonate and similar materials
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 04:04:42 pm »
November 08, 2019, 04:04:42 pm
Hey Serge L.
I'm using Lumion 9.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 04:07:02 pm »
November 08, 2019, 04:07:02 pm
Thank you for clarifying that.

Before we begin, please add your Lumion License Key to your Support Account.

To receive support, or to access the full Lumion Support Center and its resources, those with a Lumion License Key need to follow the steps from 2.2 in:

Knowledge Base: How do you get technical support?

Doing so will ensure that you get full access to the Lumion Support Center.

When you're done, please let us know in this topic, so we can move your question to the right board and help you resolve the problem.

Thanks.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

eplgr

Re: [Awaiting License Key Registration] Polycarbonate and similar materials
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 09:38:31 pm »
November 08, 2019, 09:38:31 pm
Does that mean community members are not allowed to post in here? I wasn't really looking for "technical support".

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 09:50:46 pm »
November 08, 2019, 09:50:46 pm
To receive support, or to access the full Lumion Support Center and its resources, those with a Lumion License Key need to follow the steps from 2.2 in:

Knowledge Base: How do you get technical support?

Doing so will ensure that you get full access to the Lumion Support Center.

Re: [Awaiting License Key Registration] Polycarbonate and similar materials
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 09:58:50 pm »
November 08, 2019, 09:58:50 pm
Hi eplgr

Does that mean community members are not allowed to post in here? ...".

Sure they can.  But you will probably find that if you follow the steps Serge mentioned you will get access to the much larger community of Licensed users that you cannot currently see.  They are a great community, and help a lot, but will generally only look at the posts in the Commercial section instead of the Guest Section.

Apart from that, you might have questions at some time, so it makes sense to register your License Key, or if you do not know it and are in a company, to get the person who manages the Licences to do that for you.