Author Topic: [Answered] Lumion to 3dsMax Help  (Read 27 times)

SBAnim

[Answered] Lumion to 3dsMax Help
« on: June 13, 2019, 04:18:18 am »
June 13, 2019, 04:18:18 am
(apologies if this is the wrong category. I can't seem to find a general support and help category to post it)

Good day fellow Lumion users

I am currently encountering a problem importing a Lumion file into 3dsmax (2016 or 2018). We currently do not use Lumion yet in our studio, but have received a client reference file in Lumion. We need to import the model into Max to work on the client's request.

Max can not directly import a Lumion .ls9 file. Is there any work around to this? For example
  • Lumion export to another format, such as fbx
  • plugin to Max to be able to import the .ls9 file

Thank you for the advice. So we also can notify the client on what we would need

Re: Lumion to 3dsMax Help
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 04:29:22 am »
June 13, 2019, 04:29:22 am
Hi SBAnim

Welcome.  :)

Your post here will be fine in the Guest section.  We do have a much larger area for Support for registered licensed users covering importing questions.

You should consider Lumion an end-use tool.  That is, there is no exporting of models imported into Lumion from other 3D modeling software.  There are a number of reasons for this including that materials applied using the Lumion Library may be under license and so cannot be re-used.

You would need to ask your client for the source model file.

I'm sorry we can't provide more help for you, but any other questions please feel free to ask.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.